Prosport Rolling road day results

I'll be going on some rollers soon, will get a before and after with a GIAC Hammer map just out of interest... then one after the other extra's ;)

Here is some comparison RR graphs from my car.

This is an early graph from Awesome, when it was standard and brand new in May 2007 with just over 1000miles on the clock.
17.jpg

Then again in April 2008, only additions being a Forge DV and Carbonio. It lost some power. Probably due to the Carbonio, but torque increased.
forbes.jpg

Then it was remapped in May. Bit erratic due to technical issues on Awesome's RR at the time. So i tend to discount this as a good measurement, but its not a million miles off what we saw at RSTuning
main.php

So as another means of seeing some results I took it along to another RR day, organised on Cupra.net at RSTuning in Leeds, now with the 3" turbo back APR zorst fitted too but still stock fuel pump and stage 1
main.php

Then finally back to Awesome with all its mods, stage 2 map, full zorst and fuel pump. Same spec it ran at ProSport.
main.php

The other thing to bear in mind is, Superchips say non come under 300hp on their rollers, but your only 2hp down on Prosport's. As I said earlier, RR's +- 5hp either way should be expected really.

Superchips own graph on their product pages indicates they hit peak power increase of 42 hp at around 6200rpm, so running it up a 1000rpm over this is a waste of time in my opinion. Their graphs also don't indicate they do that either.

Working out the increase it add's upto just over 300hp (if you take 261hp as a stock figure) which is within tolerance levels for what you have seen on ProSports road. If you ignore the fact it's actually producing almost the same peak power as standard anyway.

But then it states they measured 310hp @ 6605rpm confusing the issue further still?? Surely if it made 310hp @ 6605rpm that's your peak power and that it should in fact be a 49hp increase??

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/2006AudiS320T.pdf

Altogether a bit misleading really, and hardly surprising people are bit confused. It would also be interesting to see if they are taking a true stock RR result or just trusting the manufacturers figures which across the board on most cars running the TFSI seem to show they produce above book.

But then it states they measured 310hp @ 6605rpm confusing the issue further still?? Surely if it made 310hp @ 6605rpm that's your peak power and that it should in fact be a 49hp increase??

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/2006AudiS320T.pdf

Altogether a bit misleading really, and hardly surprising people are bit confused.

Sums up my feelings from last Saturday in a nutshell. In one of my earlier posts in this thread I talked about a "Ronseal map" - where it does what it says on the tin. If it says you gain 49 you GET 49 on a RR.

I think a "Dyno Lottery map" is a more realistic description of the reality. ProSport said the same thing this morning - there are so many variables on any given day that you would never get an accurate reading - to the point where there is no such thing AS an accurate reading.

For a totally different test (very relevant to me) I'm taking it on a trackday on Friday at Anglesey Coastal Circuit - a track I know well and can really push the car at. I'm going to do the morning laps without Bluefin and the afternoon laps with it on - timing and recording all of them. If Bluefin is faster in "real life" than Standard by a noticeable margin then I'll be VERY happy.

I'm going to do the morning laps without Bluefin and the afternoon laps with it on - timing and recording all of them. If Bluefin is faster in "real life" than Standard by a noticeable margin then I'll be VERY happy.
I'm sorry but I do not wish to sound argumentitive but surely the morning sessions will have colder air going to the engine so wouldn't this change factors on performance in the sessions?!

totally agree on the RR'ed being something which has to be done under laboratory conditions so every factor is the same as the previous test.

Denser colder air won't necessarily mean the map can deliver more power, but sustain that power for longer across the rev-band. But it would have to be a fairly substantial temperature difference between the morning and afternoon to make much of a difference to the results.

Most track days have a few sessions spread across the day, usually 20minute sessions unless its an open pit lane event. So he may get a couple of sessions in the morning and couple in the afternoon.

Try running one of the morning sessions stock, one with bluefin on. Then same in the afternoon. My guess is the ambient temperature won't make a huge difference, especially given our climate.

It would only be a measure of physical performance, not scientific. To measure power and torque differences during sessions, you would have to log the car for a few laps in the sessions using VAG COM and compare the results.

Its an open pitlane day so on and off as you please (i.e on when its quiet and OFF when the nutters in Radicals are on).

Know what you mean (theoretically) Voorhees but unless its a really cold VERY early morning versus a baking hot afternoon there won't be much effect from temp changes. I'm not that good to feel it anyway !

And as its Anglesey it will probably be a windy grey day at about 16degrees from beginning to end anyway.