Protection film / screen protector?

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has a protection film/screen protector over the center screen in their 8Y? It’s obviously going to be prone to finger prints but small bits of dust caught in a microfibre will cause scratches eventually when it comes to cleaning.

Reactions: NIKLDN
Just wondered if anyone has a protection film/screen protector over the center screen in their 8Y? It’s obviously going to be prone to finger prints but small bits of dust caught in a microfibre will cause scratches eventually when it comes to cleaning.
I thought about this today. I guess sometime in the future ther’ll be a company somewhere that’ll do custom ones to fit the 8Y (fingers crossed)

Have a look for A1/Q3 and the other models - the screen is 10.1 inches if I remember right and I would imagine a lot of the models are the same

Do you have any experience of Audi screens being scratched by dust? Perhaps naively, I’ve been assuming that Audi would use a glass that’s hard enough to stay scratch free (I can’t recall seeing any scratches on the RDS screen in my 10 year old Golf, perhaps I should look again).

Reactions: Jassyo06
I think somewhere i found a tempered glass for the MMI screen on ebay. But an other solution is to get a custom cut clear vinyl to aply. I've putted PPF film on mine, both MMI screen and Gear swift panel.

I think you have to accept that your console, and car will get minor scratches in time, if I was to worry about it too much I would end up with OCD!!.
wet&dry 10000/7000 or maybe some other light scratch remover paste, I remember `brasso` worked well for taking light scratches from iphone screens!...but thankfully the screens got tougher. This might be the case with the materials used in the Audi.
if you are worried about the centre screen then I am sure you could find a `tablet` protection screen 10" that you could place over the glass.
as for the centre console...maybe a clear wrap over it.....but be warned you will need to draw the line somewhere as you will end up `bubble wrapping` the whole car!.

Here some photos of mine with ppf film.
About bubbles and stuff mention above, better get a professional to do it for you (on mine that u see is dust not bubbles :p).
Dont know the cost at where you live at, but shouldnt exceed 60-70€ mayby less

Attachments

• 47707A79-4FD6-4ABB-B1E2-7FB3E3F90271.jpeg
    47707A79-4FD6-4ABB-B1E2-7FB3E3F90271.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
  • 27B09698-5A50-4BF0-86AF-2A2756162944.jpeg
    27B09698-5A50-4BF0-86AF-2A2756162944.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: Marinos Demetriou