PS3 help needed! connection issues

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

quick rundown..

im at my nans at the moment as they are away, so there was me took my new ps3 round there with COD and was really lookin forward to playin...

anyway..

connect it all up.. go to network settings, scan for wireless, put network key in from back of router not working.. so i call my nan on holiday and she tells me shes changed the password and to look for a piece of paper.. so i search for hours and find it.. all very excited i run in punch in the codes and BAM doesnt work..

so im wondering what i could do? who would i call to reset the passwords??

might be really stupid but im **** with things like this! :sorry:

Which router has she got, also plug ethernet cable in then you can login to the router if she hasnt changed the login details aswell, then check the wifi key which would be wep or wpa.

You sure you got the correct SSID of her network?

Kudo's to your nan mate, lol.

I second the above. From what I remember the PS3 will ask you what type of password it is, wep etc. try selecting a different option and typing in the password.

Nah you're correct it self detects the authentication type, unless firmware is buggy, so doubt its this, probably his fat thumbs on the KB is getting it wrong :p

Nah you're correct it self detects the authentication type, unless firmware is buggy, so doubt its this, probably his fat thumbs on the KB is getting it wrong :p

lol! trust me shes with the times! still shes a bit forgetful.. its called speedtouch.. the ps3 shows me the wireless signal(correct name) and 100% signal strength.. i tried the wep and wpa both didnt work..

so im right in sayin shes changed it from original, and now i need to find it out.. which is hard cause iv found the "piece of paper" and thats has a different wireless name and network key so maybe there is another piece of paper or i need to contact Aol??

NHN - you said have i got correct SSID of her network.. the PS3 auto scans and picks up a network with her surname so i select that.. or are you talkin about something else.. as you can see im a total plank when it comes to this sort of thing!!

Searched the place for two hours! After headbutting my fist 4 or 5 times it hurt..

Then I found another "piece of paper" with code 1-8:banghead:

It worked :drag:

Thanks anyway guys