PS3 Help

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Guys, not sure if anyone on here can help, i have an original 60gb PS3 and the Blu Ray Drive stopped working on it a few weeks ago, it would take and eject the disc no probs, but it wouldnt read it or spin. Fast forward a few weeks, my cousin had the same PS3, however his had the YLOD, so we took his drive out and fitted it in mine. It spins the discs, inserts and ejects them fine and even shows a spinning disc in the top right hand corner when the PS3 is on, but it doesnt show any discs, whether its a Game, a CD, a DVD or a Blu Ray.

Do I need to do anything to 'install' the drive or for the PS3 to recognise it?

I have been into the setup menu and done a system restore when it said that some files were corrupt, it fixed this and booted up after that was done, but the discs are still not showing.

If anyone could help that would be great as my little one is doing my nut in trying to play it.

Thanks
Nilz

Are there different suppliers for the bd drive? It may be something like a driver issue, if yours was a Samsung drive, and the one you put in was a Sony fir example. Companies often change suppliers midlife of products, so perhaps that might be why?

As for potentially installing drivers, I have not got a clue ha! Not sure it's even possible?!

I assume you've checked other forums? Good luck!