• Sony PSP

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nintendo DS Lite

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

dalepearson

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I have posted this question in a gaming forum, but thought you guys might be able to add some input also.

I have been thinking of getting a PSP or DS Lite, for pick up and play / on the move gaming.

I am not particularly looking to use it for movies or music as I have an Archos and iPod.

So what have you got, and why should / shouldnt I get one.

Thanks in advance.

FYI - I have a XBOX 360 and WII, so this is for extra game play.

PSP looks realy good,and the DS doesnt!
Used to have lots of games for mine,and have to say Codemasters Touring Car game looked like the xbox version.smooth frame rate,and great visuals.
Another good game was Tekken,looked amazing
The psp has big muscles for graphics,and the wide screen display is crisp.The DS lacks this but to be fair has still got good games

Im looking at the moment, but not only for myself but for my kids to play and maybe (dare I say it) the missis.

I want the PSP, because, its stronger. The DS lite is easier tho.. and I think geared to more pick up and play gaming. Knowing the fact that I like to have the shiniest kit, Id say Id go for the PSP but will probably take in on holiday and then put it in a draw... so perhaps I should just get the DS and then let the kids play it and spend the saved cash on games??

AARGGGHH!:keule:

The DS is aimed fair and square at newbie gamers and youngsters, The PSP is more a media centre as well as games it will play movies and music (though the later is poor)

Games wise i find the PSP limited I'm into platformers and the odd driving game. not into sport or RPGs thats where the psp fails not many platform games on it for me.

Though i have a psp.

Thanks for the replies guys, but as there was a little delay in response, I went and tried them both, and decided on a black DS Lite.

I have also ordered a M3 DS Real and 4GB MicroSD card.

I find the DS to be more a pick up and play machine, the games are not really aimed to spend hours and hours playing.

I am not looking to play movies and music on it, but the M3 DS gives me that if I want it.

I was tempted by the PSP a little for the homebrew stuff, but didnt like the idea of wiping it all and maybe breaking it in the first day :)

DS was £99. I had HMV vouchers
M3DS was £25 I think from Amazon.
4Gb card about £15 from Play I think.

The psp homebrew rocks mate,My daughter has my PSP and its that firmware edition that allows for downloading games off the net and sticking on the memory card!
All my consoles have been chipped or flashed,I bought the PSP as you could play back ups on it;) if you know what your doing
I downgraded mine with no problems and it played every modern and old game i could chuck at it.
DS is still cool,Nintendo have always had great games.