Facelift Puddle lights for the rear doors and replace reflectors - wiring

s3marc

S3 Sportback , Mythos Black
Reaction score
So I have the puddle lights for the front doors. couple of questions.....

1. is the wiring to fit puddle lights in the rear doors already in place , if not is there a wiring loom that can be bought and do any settings need changing?

2. is the wiring for the red lights in the end of the front doors still in place , where Audi replaced it with a reflector instead?

Thanks
Marc

As far as I'm aware ge rear door has lights in it as well so should be a straight swap over.

As far as I'm aware ge rear door has lights in it as well so should be a straight swap over.
I don't have any form of puddle lights in the rear doors , I have a sportback S3? OK so I think the answer is in the Retrofit puddle lights thread..... the module is in the rear doors but no wiring - would that be right?

Anybody know about replacing the reflector with a red light, is the wiring still there or has Audi removed it?

Last edited:
Hmm must be something else they stopped to save money then! Mine was registered March 2017 and has puddle lights front and rear and red lights in the doors.

Reactions: s3marc
Isn't there puddle lights on front and rear doors as standard?

Reactions: s3marc
Isn't there puddle lights on front and rear doors as standard?

Mine is a late 2017 car so probably MY2018 and no puddle lights in the rear :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a late 2017 car so probably MY2018 and no puddle lights in the rear :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My S3 sportback is on a 67 plate and I have puddle lights in both the front and rear, but no red lights (on the front or rear), they're just reflectors

My S3 sportback is on a 67 plate and I have puddle lights in both the front and rear, but no red lights (on the front or rear), they're just reflectors
You can easy add them to the car and code in. Use a razor blade to cut out plastic indention and add lights from eBay or AliExpress. I recommend getting better and brighter led lights for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: alpesh26