Puncture problems - Grrr!

Macduff

Reaction score
Came out of the house this morning to find the offside front flat. I'd had a few understeer slides yesterday but thought it was due to the heavy rain and low tread on the fronts but obviously it was more serious!

Anyway, it would be a 10 minute job to change the tyre if the heavy handed monkeys at the last service hadn't overtightened the wheel nuts and knackered my locking nut key :angrymod:

So now I'm waiting for the AA to arrive and will have to buy a new set of locking nuts as well as two new tyres.

At least this has happened to a tyre that's at the end of its life. Last proper puncture I had was in '99 and destroyed a 3 week old tyre :(

Just make sure the trained monkeys who replace your tyres don't damage the alloys !

Just make sure the trained monkeys who replace your tyres don't damage the alloys !

I thought damaging customers' allows WAS part of their training!

Anyway AA have been and gone. Screw found in the tyre so he's taken that out and plugged it. he couldn't get the locking wheel nut off either so I'll take it back to the place that serviced it (Aberdeen Volks Centre) to get them to remove the nuts and hopefully give me a replacement set FOC.

Good luck Macduff

I get really hacked off with tyre places that replace the tyres for you ...hand you a big bill...and then deny all knowledge of damaging the alloys......I make a point now of getting the manager of the place to always check the alloys before any work is done......may seem a little anal...but why should I have to pay for a refurb....

Went back to Aberdeen Volks Centre today and they managed to get all 4 locking nuts off. The guy had a major struggle doing it though so there was no way they were torqued to 108Nm more like 500!

They've replaced with a new set of McGuards (any good?)