Purchasing A4 2.0TFSI 2009, need advice

Rideen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time poster in the A3 8P forums here but the time has come to move on and I have found a sweet 2009 A4 2.0 TFSI 105k miles for a decent price.

I have a couple of questions and I hope someone will take their time to answer them. :)

1. The car seems to be automatic but no pedal shifters, is this automatic with torque converter, CVT or is it dual-clutch? Does the transmission need oil changes and how to maintain it? Any known faults?

2. I've heard about dreadful oil consumption issues, is there any way I can check for this issue when buying a car? Previous owner surely won't let me drive 1000 miles so I can see if it's using oil unfortunately.

3. What else should I look for and how should I check it? I am planning to use VCDS to scan the car but that will tell me only a part of the story probably.

I am sorry for so many questions but I really do hope someone answers them as I am new to the 2.0 TFSI engines, never owned one before.

Thank you!

I have owned my '09 for 3 years, it has the oil issue but fixed FOC by Audi and it drives great now, sitting on 87k. If you give Audi UK a call with the Reg they should be able to tell you if it has been done... ask the seller if it has been done.
Can't help you with Auto question.
As for other issues, I haven't had anything else go wrong.

I am in Lebanon and also just bought an A4 2011 bit the engine is 1.8tfsi. I believe that no pedal shifters plus if its not a quattro probable means its the cvt multitronic which is same as I have. The cvt's in this generation are generally a lot more reliable than the earlier ones but the periodic oil change with proper cvt fluid is a must so check if it has been done properly. Follow the instruction of the other member to call Audi and check for any work done under the recall.
Btw I am having some troubles with mine atm. I have leaking heater matrix and a bit of vibration/rough idle which I think is related to pcv valve(very common issue). So I am getting the things straight.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I have gone the other route and ordered a new A3 8V limousine today as I made a pretty good deal with the dealer so I bit the bait. :D