Q2 Q2 spare space saver wheel

Squirrelly

Reaction score
My wife is replacing her A1 with a 2018 Q2 TFSI 1.4 (150) .

I'd like to get a spare space saver wheel for it and as a OEM Audi one will be silly money, is there a compatible wheel from other models that I could pick up from ebay perhaps?
For instance I got her a compatable spare for her A1 that came from a mk1 TT .

The Q2 wheels are ; 17" x 7.0J with 215/55 R17

Cheers Paul.

Last edited:
Hi,

After a lot of messing about trying to find the right wheel for my Q2 on eBay as some said they fitted the Q2 only to find out the offset was wrong or the wheel was from a completely different make or model, so no way would it fit properly. You may have better luck than I did, but in the end I purchased a new one from The Wheelshop that fitted perfectly, and selected the tool set option, again to save messing about. The tyre was Hankook and the tool set is more than adequate.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/?product_cat=audi-q2&filter_vehicle-year=2016-present-day

I would purchase the securing bolt from Audi, and as I discovered, it was cheaper than buying one on eBay. The polystyrene insert is nice to have, but as the tools are generic, they won’t fit the cut outs.

And silly money is spot on, as the wheel, tyre, tools, and securing bolt was £425 from Audi.

Good luck

Reactions: Squirrelly
Thanks Graham, I did read an earlier thread but it had conflicting advice which I think I got the drift of after a few reads, but by then I'd already posted this question. We're picking up the Q2 on Wednesday from Stoke Audi so I haven't got the car in front of me to look in the boot. If my memory is correct I think it had a circular polystyrene unit in the centre of the boot floor. This I guess, fits into the middle of the 19" space saver wheel, I don't know what's contained within it though? I thought it may be a jack and wheel nut spanner but as I say I'll have to wait until Wednesday to see for sure.

Cheers Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’d say that’s a little odd as if the circular polystyrene is in the boot with the jack, along with the wheel brace and tools, and even the plastic securing bolt, that would suggest there was a spare wheel, so maybe the previous owner or the dealer removed it! I would question that on Wednesday as having all the associated bits in the car but no wheel I would smell a rat.

And please don’t sign up for any extras like gap, paint protection, or smart repair from the dealer as they will be three times the cost when compared with identical, or in most cases, better cover from other suppliers like ALA or MotorEasy.

Enjoy the car.

Reactions: Squirrelly
Thanks Graham, I did indeed reject the insurance insurance that needed to be re-insured. I did however get drawn in by a finance offer.
I was going to pay the part-ex balance cash, but they said that if I partially funded the car with finance that the deal would include two 'free' services.
They also said that I could then at any time in the future pay off the finance with no penalty, and...still keep the two free services.
I questioned this too good to be true offer but they insisted that it was indeed true!

Just thinking... I may have read the space saver thread that you posted on another forum?
I've done that much searching I'm confused.

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately what they have said is only partly true! Definitely take the finance as you will get the free services. Then ‘withdraw’ within 14 days of signing the agreement and you will only pay a few pounds a day interest and keep the free services. The bit the dealer isn’t telling you is if you go past the 14 days, the only option is to ‘settle’ the finance, and that will cost you a lot more in interest, and I mean a lot, like hundreds of pounds! So if you have the cash, wait a few days after collecting the car, then call the finance company and ask to ‘withdraw’ from the agreement where they will give you a figure and how to pay. This is a legal entitlement, and don’t tell the dealer you are doing this as it will cost the salesperson their commission for the finance.

Remember, call the finance company within 14 days of signing the agreement and ask to ‘withdraw’, don’t tell the dealer, and doing this doesn’t impact your credit rating. I’ve done this every time I’ve purchased a car (new and used), and saved a fortune with finance contribution and free servicing offers.

I posted a similar thread on Audi Q2 forum about the spare. I had wheel offset and size overload and that’s why I went for the spare from The Wheelshop.

Reactions: NWHighlander
Great news and pleased you went for the spare from Thewheelshop as so much easier. And having the polystyrene compartment storage and tools was an added bonus when you purchased the car. Still makes me think the space saver wheel was removed by the previous owner to their new car, or went into the dealers secret stock!

Enjoy the car.

All good so far, Mrs Squirrelly absolutely loves it! :wink:

I'm honestly not sure what the car came supplied with originally as standard. Mine (hers) 1.4 Sport came with the polystyrene storage compartment with securing bolt, a jack, a wheel brace, wheel nut cover tool. Three separate packs containing 2 hi-viz vests, a first aid kit and compressor and tyre-weld. My mate in Scotland got a 2017 Q2 for his wife last week too and his had exactly the same kit in the boot. I've sent him the link for the wheel too. Perhaps this kit (minus the spare wheel) was standard issue prior to your 2020 car?

Anyway, all sorted now and thanks for your help and advice.

Good thread. Can you confirm in "your" Q2 the boot floor still fits in the lower position with the spare installed?

Hi,
Yes it did.

As an aside, I have a space saver wheel and tyre suitable for the Q2 with 19’“ wheels that I purchased from ‘The Wheel shop’ and includes the jack, tools and also the genuine Audi polystyrene tray with securing bolt that I removed when I sold my Q2 last year. I used the spare for around 100 miles.

Free to anyone willing to collect this from Haywards Heath.

Drop me a message.

Hi,
Yes it did.

As an aside, I have a space saver wheel and tyre suitable for the Q2 with 19’“ wheels that I purchased from ‘The Wheel shop’ and includes the jack, tools and also the genuine Audi polystyrene tray with securing bolt that I removed when I sold my Q2 last year. I used the spare for around 100 miles.

Free to anyone willing to collect this from Haywards Heath.

Drop me a message.
Thanks for the offer (much appreciated and very generous) but now superfluous (for me at least) as I've found one with spare installed. Garage pricing unfortunately, but deal done.