Q2 Q2 VCDS/OBDeleven

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi fellow Q owners,

So I’m loving my new Q2 although I’m struggling to code anything with obdeleven. Things like mirror dip and lock chirp sound don’t seem to work. I didn’t have this issue with my A3 8V...not sure if it’s because it’s a newer platform but their aren’t many forums highlighting the issue.

would be great to hear from you if you’re experiencing this or have a solution :)

Thanks,
Cal

OBDEleven

1) Do you have sufficient credit for the changes Cal?
2) The App adds a credit, 1 per day - every time you open the app.
3) Let's step through through the process...you should be:

1) Plugging the OBDEleven device in to your car
2) Turning the ignition to on - but not starting the car
3) Connecting to the OBDEleven from your mobile device (which needs a cellular data or Wifi internet connection too)
4) Make the desired changes
5) Wait a couple of minutes, turn the ignition off and remove the OBDEleven dongle.
6) Test

OBDEleven

1) Do you have sufficient credit for the changes Cal?
2) The App adds a credit, 1 per day - every time you open the app.
3) Let's step through through the process...you should be:

1) Plugging the OBDEleven device in to your car
2) Turning the ignition to on - but not starting the car
3) Connecting to the OBDEleven from your mobile device (which needs a cellular data or Wifi internet connection too)
4) Make the desired changes
5) Wait a couple of minutes, turn the ignition off and remove the OBDEleven dongle.
6) Test

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify it does work and connect fine that’s not the issue. The usual long coding and adaptations that I used on my 8V doesn’t seem to take any effect on the Q2.

Hi fellow Q owners,

So I’m loving my new Q2 although I’m struggling to code anything with obdeleven. Things like mirror dip and lock chirp sound don’t seem to work. I didn’t have this issue with my A3 8V...not sure if it’s because it’s a newer platform but their aren’t many forums highlighting the issue.

would be great to hear from you if you’re experiencing this or have a solution :)

Thanks,
Cal
Alarm beeps should work, mirror dip 100% won't work. What year is the car?

Mirror dip and alarm beep plus nearly all the normal A3 8v modifications work fine via Carista in my Q2 of the same year as yours.

Old thread i know but has anyone successfully turned on OPS with only rear sensors of it helps mines a 2017 S-Line

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I tried doing this on my 2020 Q2 using Carista, but it won’t work even though it’s shown on the customisation menu. I emailed Carista in March year, who said they needed more data for the later model, but then the world went mad! It could work for your car, so worth giving it a go if you had access to Carista, a similar tool, or VCDS.

Hi @Graham555 I have vcds but struggling to get it to work wasn't sure if there is something in adaptations that needs changing

Not possible without first retrofitting the front parking sensors - from my understanding this functionality is now only available from a 8K PDC module (which requires both front + rear sensors connected to it) - so to make it work it would require updating the PDC module and fit front sensors (it used to work on older Audi models with only rear sensors but not from 2017 onwards I believe).

Hi,

That could explain why it won’t work on my Q2. Although I did get this to work on my 2018 A1 Black Edition that only had factory fitted rear parking sensors. When activated using Carista, the in-car screen showed the red blocks in the graphics getting bigger as I got closer to an obstacle, but only going backwards. It didn’t work going forwards as the car didn’t have front parking sensors.

This option is shown on the Carista customisation menu, but as I mentioned before, it didn’t work so I will drop another email to Carista to see if they have any updates on this for the pre face lift Q2.

Hi,
Received a reply from Caista, see below. Shame really as it was always a great customisation, even with the just the factory rear parking sensors fitted.

Thanks for writing. No, sorry. There is nothing new on this. As far as I remember, we found out that our customizations for the PDC Visualization are not supported by your specific vehicle. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about this.

Ah that's a shame. Was hoping it was just something in adaptations.