Q5 Q5 2013 Onwards Roof Rail Query

JonnyJR

Reaction score
I have been given a new Q5 2013 onwards roof rack for free want to re-purpose it on my A4 Avant. Would anyone be able to measure the internal distance between the roof rails on the car at the roof rack mounting points. The ratio between the bars on the car and the roof rack mechanism will help me to cut the roof rack to the correct size.

I just need the internal distance between the two rails at the back and front roof rack mounting locations.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Jon

Attachments

• Q5 top.jpg
    Q5 top.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for the link, the instructions are basically what I have done already. I just want to know the internal measurement of a 2013-2017 Q5 roof rails, measure my A4 rail internals and that will tell me how much I need to move the mounting holes in on the cross bars.

It is not quite as simple as attach the brackets and measure the hole centres as the more you tighten the brckets the more they move in off horizontal so I wanted a more specific measurement if anyone has it.

Those are the fixing brackets, the cross rail lengths are different between the A4 and Q5, this is what I am trying to work out based on the difference between the two car flush rail dimensions.

I have been given a new Q5 2013 onwards roof rack for free want to re-purpose it on my A4 Avant. Would anyone be able to measure the internal distance between the roof rails on the car at the roof rack mounting points. The ratio between the bars on the car and the roof rack mechanism will help me to cut the roof rack to the correct size.

I just need the internal distance between the two rails at the back and front roof rack mounting locations.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Jon
112cm FRONT (your ref: D2) and 109cm REAR (your ref: D1) as measured on a 2016 SQ5: hope this helps

Reactions: JonnyJR