Q5 Q5 is now booked in for a Towbar fitting (with dedicated 13 pin)

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We now have the car booked in for a Towbar to be fitted with a 13-pin dedicated wiring harness, we have one of those panels which can be removed for a Towbar, which is good as it can be hidden away when not in use.

Cost is £724 from an Auto Company in Aberdeen.

Our motor is the Q5 S-Line 2016 Suzuka Grey 2.0 Special Edition

I'm just wondering if when the car is connected to the Trailer, do we have a Trailer Icon appear on the centre console on the dashboard, if not, is there some sort of icon or? ....

If you have parking sensors, make sure it's an integrated version that disables sensors when the socket is plugged into or it'll set them of.

Yeh all that will be done,

The guys in Aberdeen are Auto electricians, so I hope they know what they are doing :tonguewink:

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a Towbar fitted to their 2016 Q5 and get the Trailer Icon

It's funny how often I'm told by clients they've been too or spoken to auto electricians & they've either cocked up or not known what to do, now that's not to say these guys aren't aware how too & I hope they're good, just check they know what you expect when complete as things can go wrong quickly when not known how to do.

Reactions: Leebroath