Q5 Q5 Newbie

KGB

Reaction score
Hi all,

A quick question I need some assistance with please - my wife has just collected a 2019 Q5 40Tdi S-Line, in the past we have always had a spare set of wheels and winter tyre's which I'd like to do again with the Q5.

Question is, will the 18" alloys from a Sport model fit the S-Line? I take it the brakes are all the same size?
I've found a set of the Sport wheels for sale but don't want to buy and find they won't fit.

Thanks,

KGB.

Hi,

I'm only an Audi owner for a year now so far from an expert on all of the various options and trim levels. I'm an SQ5 owner too, so hopefully a Q5 owner will also reply.

As I understood it the Q5 (FY) s-line is a trim level upgrade from the sport with larger 19" wheels, LED lights, different trim etc. Therefore I'd assume as long as the wheels would fit a 2019 Q5 (FY) sport then they would fit the s-line as there's no brake upgrades to worry about and the s-line has larger wheels anyway if you've gone for them.

On my SQ5, the tyre pressure info plate in the door frame shows pressures for 19", 20" and 21" wheels so I assume, as long as the wheel is suitable for an SQ5 (width/nut layout etc) I could run all of these sizes and not foul the brakes. I run Audi 21"s in summer and Woflrace 20"s in winter, but I bought wheels specced for the SQ5.

Again, hopefully someone with a tad more experience and knowledge in this are will reply with more info.

Good luck and I hope your wife enjoys the Q5!

Hi all,

A quick question I need some assistance with please - my wife has just collected a 2019 Q5 40Tdi S-Line, in the past we have always had a spare set of wheels and winter tyre's which I'd like to do again with the Q5.

Question is, will the 18" alloys from a Sport model fit the S-Line? I take it the brakes are all the same size?
I've found a set of the Sport wheels for sale but don't want to buy and find they won't fit.

Thanks,

KGB.

As SQuee5e says first check your tyre pressure info pate making sure it specifies an 19-inch wheel, for sure the sales data sheet does. Now check the ET of the wheels you have and the ones you intend to fit. My own 2016 SQ5 comes with 21-inch rims and I've already purchased 20-inch rims with winter rubber and for sure I made sure the ET was the same: and checked fitment before winter, like so:

BIG BLUEY TJ 2 Big BLUEY on 20 inch winter rims 2

The 2019 brochure here: https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/audiusa/brochures/2019/2019-Audi-Q5-brochure.pdf

Reactions: simonali
Hi all,

Thanks,

KGB.

I had a 2018 Q5 and still have said 18” Alloys and winter tyres that I need to look to sell at some point, they definitely fit as 18” clears callipers easily.

2807d76b6492aac358a1dbf55396a821.jpg

Reactions: Sandra