Q5 Q5 rear wiper judder

Reaction score
Does anyone else’s rear wiper judder on their Q5 ( or Other Qcars) ?

have you been able to fix it? How did you do it? Mine judders and skips over the screen all the time. Have tried cleaning it, lubricating the blade, checking the straightness, polishing the glass, nothing seems to work. Given the amount of crap the Q5 sucks up on the rear window in the rain the wiper working pretty much noise free would be good.

Change the wiper blade. The rear wiper on my SQ5 did the same until I swapped the blade for a new one.

Reactions: SteveeeGee, 45bvtc and paul wev
Does anyone else’s rear wiper judder on their Q5 ( or Other Qcars) ?

have you been able to fix it? How did you do it? Mine judders and skips over the screen all the time. Have tried cleaning it, lubricating the blade, checking the straightness, polishing the glass, nothing seems to work. Given the amount of **** the Q5 sucks up on the rear window in the rain the wiper working pretty much noise free would be good.

I agree with Kam05, SteveeeGee; just change the blade, not worth the hassle. Mine has never been noisy, though I do change the blade every-other MOT usually.

See: https://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/audi-q5-2017-rear-wiper-blade-80a955425

Reactions: SteveeeGee and paul wev
Changed the blade for a new Bosch one from EBay for £9.50 delivered and silence! Top tip to just swap the blade. Oddly the new one is longer than the one on the car, maybe it isn’t as new as I thought….. :laughing:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Changed the blade for a new Bosch one from EBay for £9.50 delivered and silence! Top tip to just swap the blade. Oddly the new one is longer than the one on the car, maybe it isn’t as new as I thought….. :laughing:

As said "though I do change the blade every-other MOT usually" and for £9.50 every 2-years what's not to like....

Reactions: paul wev