Q5 Q5 Sportback

Nope, the case is lost....enjoy your BMW.

The only comment I'd make is a note of caution. BMW have been pursuing a path of heavy discounting for a few years now and that, historically, has destroyed brand residual values. Many car brands have done it and ceased to exist - maybe BMW see the end of the IC engine looming and have a short term business strategy as they'll be selling cars like 'white goods'. When EVs are mainstream then fully autonomous vehicles accessed from a mobile device will follow shortly afterwards - personal vehicle ownership will dwindle to nothing eventually. Heavy discounting destroyed Saab, GM Europe, British Leyland and my guess is JLR are struggling.

It's easy to buy an £80k X3 M40i @ £25-30k off list either brand new or with very few miles. That's good then? No because at the end of the PCP the vehicle is worth nothing, the deposit and all the monthly payments are gone with nothing to show for it - no asset, nothing. Do the sums on a bit of paper and see if it makes sense to you... at least on a PCP you can give it back when the half the payments are made and walk away I suppose.
When I sold my M40i after 18 months, I got £36500, and owed £34k, so nothing lost really, as only put down £3.5k.
Mine was a £53k specced car I got for £44k.
I agree that ANY car can be specced up ridiculously, and you often lose the value of the options pretty quickly.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Building works nearly done, you need to start making suggestions of what is coming next......

I reckon cosmic blue might suggest an RSQ3.... ;)
haha, not quite yet on works and next car). Works should be done and dusted in the next week or so, but not purchasing anything anytime soon

Reactions: isleaiw

Spec and Colour please?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and FBF01
Donnington grey....no brainer here. Was between this and Sophisto Grey. Tinted windows at a stupid 350 quid and carbon interior. That’s it. Comes with HUD as standard and Harmon Kardon so all good.

I mean doesnt have external carbon like this car does but wow imo. Also now comes with the red callipers as standard

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BigBill and NevMan
Yeh the x3 m40 order lasted maybe a day before I pulled out of the deal lol. I mean lovely car but thought ah sod it, why not lol. Great deal from Dundee.

Nice one! Love donington. Does come pretty loaded as standard the M

Lol yeh it’s a bit more than I was wanting to pay. Just. But smiles per gallon or AKA 19mpg lol

Its only money....

although 19mpg would hurt, the M5 did more than that most of the time.

Donington is the best colour though!

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
Its only money....

although 19mpg would hurt, the M5 did more than that most of the time.

Donington is the best colour though!

only money lol, but I do get what you mean.

Not too bothered about low 20s mpg, see high teens quite often in my RS3 but as long as I don’t see mid teens when I’m driving at 70 on the motorway I’m all good ha. My old man collected his RS6 last week and has an average of 13 ha, says he needs a fuel tanker driving behind him it’s so bad. Must have a heavy right foot.

Donnington is a no brainier, love it. Can’t wait. Issue is I have to wait till June. Sales person said would find out more info this week for me and let me know. Could be sooner which would be great.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, isleaiw and NevMan
Nice one! Love donington. Does come pretty loaded as standard the M
Yeh seems that way. Was looking through the options list and other than the pan roof nothing jumps out at me as a must. Do think the red can look pretty smart but having never owned a rad car, I like the idea of owning one but never bold enough to spec one. Porsche in Guards red maybe ha

Reactions: Audi Bairn and NevMan
Yeh seems that way. Was looking through the options list and other than the pan roof nothing jumps out at me as a must. Do think the red can look pretty smart but having never owned a rad car, I like the idea of owning one but never bold enough to spec one. Porsche in Guards red maybe ha
Only just catching up on this thread.
Congratulations on your order, it’ll be a beast.
My car was from Eastern but the wife’s was from John Clark Dundee recently. Overall dealings with them were good however a word of warning. Never had so many forms to sign (electronically) for a new car in my life. So much so we complained to the manager, especially as they contained so many mistakes too.
Not long until June.........

Reactions: FBF01 and NevMan
Only just catching up on this thread.
Congratulations on your order, it’ll be a beast.
My car was from Eastern but the wife’s was from John Clark Dundee recently. Overall dealings with them were good however a word of warning. Never had so many forms to sign (electronically) for a new car in my life. So much so we complained to the manager, especially as they contained so many mistakes too.
Not long until June.........
Cheers, thanks :) Cant wait. Unsure if it’s worth getting it mapped, will cross that bridge further down the line.

I did think that. Audi Q5 SB was just the 1 form, sure I signed 3 maybe 4 Over email with John Clark.

Was JC Aberdeen but asked if they could conduct the handover down the road in Dundee, they seemed happy enough. Just hope they aren’t driving it down the road from Aberdeen. I’ll be sure to ask it gets delivered to Dundee

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
So its here. Love it, shame its WOEFUL on fuel lol

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Sorry for late repsone! Here you go.

Love it. Awful on fuel though. Like AWFUL lol

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Cooky0630, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Worse than the RS3 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The RS3 is a Prius by comparison lol. I've now ticked over 1k miles, running in service tomorrow, with an average MPG to date of 17.9 mpg lol. Round town its 10-12. Any hint of an incline on the motorway at 70 and its 18mpg.

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
The RS3 is a Prius by comparison lol. I've now ticked over 1k miles, running in service tomorrow, with an average MPG to date of 17.9 mpg lol. Round town its 10-12. Any hint of an incline on the motorway at 70 and its 18mpg.
Very nice! You didn’t buy it for economy though, enjoy :thumbs up:
PS. Even with a “mere” 360bhp I get 22 - 24 mpg towing a big caravan with mine :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan and FBF01
Very nice! You didn’t buy it for economy though, enjoy :thumbs up:
PS. Even with a “mere” 360bhp I get 22 - 24 mpg towing a big caravan with mine :tearsofjoy:
Ha fair point, however I did think it would have been similar to that of the Audi, circa 25, ah well! Looks great and goes well. Cant wait till the service tomorrow and finally able to floor it, £450 running in service...ridiculous.

What do you get on normal daily driving out of interest?

Reactions: 8YARWY
Ha fair point, however I did think it would have been similar to that of the Audi, circa 25, ah well! Looks great and goes well. Cant wait till the service tomorrow and finally able to floor it, £450 running in service...ridiculous.

Be thankful its only £450 - on an M5 the full price starts with a 7....
The M5 managed better fuel consumption than that - although it could do 12 on the school run, but it would do 25 on a decent run....

The RS4 is positively parsimonious by comparison and not much worse than the SQ5....

Be thankful its only £450 - on an M5 the full price starts with a 7....
The M5 managed better fuel consumption than that - although it could do 12 on the school run, but it would do 25 on a decent run....

The RS4 is positively parsimonious by comparison and not much worse than the SQ5....

Rang a few garages, most wanted £550 plus but having spoken to Eastern BMW and dropped in a family friend and Auntie who work there, I obtained a sizeable discount :thumbs up: £7...pffffft, not cheap for what's clearly an oil change and flash I'd suspect.

25, I would bite your hand off for that but its not going to happen as I do a lot of town driving. I was amazed that having set cruise control to 70 on the way down from Aberdeen I only managed 23mpg!!!!

Id have entertained an RS4 but not at 6.5%

Rang a few garages, most wanted £550 plus but having spoken to Eastern BMW and dropped in a family friend and Auntie who work there, I obtained a sizeable discount :thumbs up: £7...pffffft, not cheap for what's clearly an oil change and flash I'd suspect.

25, I would bite your hand off for that but its not going to happen as I do a lot of town driving. I was amazed that having set cruise control to 70 on the way down from Aberdeen I only managed 23mpg!!!!

Id have entertained an RS4 but not at 6.5%
Yes, fortunately the son in law works in the trade so I got staff rates and less than 400....

I think I pay 6% - was going to pay it down but the residual is very high so I see some value in that. Mind as it currently seems to be worth only £2k less than I paid for it 7 months ago, I might get rid and try something else for a while!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and FBF01
Sorry for late repsone! Here you go.

Love it. Awful on fuel though. Like AWFUL lol

Lovely you don’t buy those for decent consumption. I had a M40i which would do mid to high 20’s and mid to high 30’s on long journey, but loved the B58. S58 is a beast in the new M3/M4. How are you finding the ride? As some think it is quite harsh

Reactions: FBF01 and Audi Bairn

On a steady run on 60mph roads it’ll do mid 30‘s mpg, but that’ll drop to mid 20’s on winding roads with a lot of braking / accelerating. I expected 20mpg or less with the caravan hitched but not too bad. I have a managed to (legally) overtake cars on a couple of occasions too :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Lovely you don’t buy those for decent consumption. I had a M40i which would do mid to high 20’s and mid to high 30’s on long journey, but loved the B58. S58 is a beast in the new M3/M4. How are you finding the ride? As some think it is quite harsh
Running in service this morning and as soon as it was warmed up i booted it, wow this thing flys top end! I see what people mean when they say it needs the whole rev range, thing just shifts!!!!

Ride is brutal lol. I had my RS3 on Emmanuel springs and it was harsh, but i had expected it to be slightly better. I mean its fine 9 times out of 10, but when you get on a bumpy road or the cobbles of Edinburgh its actually laughable. My wife was beside me the other day and she was being thrown about like a rag doll ha, she commented...nothing nice sadly ha.

Reactions: NevMan and Audi Bairn
On a steady run on 60mph roads it’ll do mid 30‘s mpg, but that’ll drop to mid 20’s on winding roads with a lot of braking / accelerating. I expected 20mpg or less with the caravan hitched but not too bad. I have a
man to (legally) overtake cars on a couple of occasions too :tearsofjoy:
Impressive!

I can only see long term MPG, currently 18.0 now, but would quite like something similar to my RS where you could also see short term without it fluctuating every 2 seconds.

Impressive!

I can only see long term MPG, currently 18.0 now, but would quite like something similar to my RS where you could also see short term without it fluctuating every 2 seconds.
If it’s the same as mine, and probably Nevs too, the different settings for mpg (trip, since last refuel, long term etc) are in the car settings on the central display. Took me a while to work it out. You can then choose what to show either on the dash or the widgets on the multiple screens on the central display.

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01
Booted it the other day, the thing just revs and revs!!! Feels like it revs to 9k lol, thing just goes top end, fast enough for what I need, but stage 1 630bhp in this thing must be nothing short of stupid

If it’s the same as mine, and probably Nevs too, the different settings for mpg (trip, since last refuel, long term etc) are in the car settings on the central display. Took me a while to work it out. You can then choose what to show either on the dash or the widgets on the multiple screens on the central display.

Yes, can definitely get trip, etc…

Reactions: Audi Bairn