Q5 TDI 3.0 exhaust sound

Daniel1512

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Q5 3.0 tdi and was wondering is there anyway to get a better sound out of the exhaust as it is very quiet as most diesel are

Most people I speak to say there isn’t much that can be done but I thought you guys may have found that there is

For any meaningfull sound you need to delete the dpf mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thats a bummer the dpf has a lot to answer for
mate how bad out of 1 to 10 do you want sound. and a good sound the v6 tdi can sound amazing

humour me give me a number lol

then go get the dpf delete! trust me I have never met anyone who regrets it.

even better get a broken pf and have it gutted

what about it smoking and mot pass
if you see bobby singh on a5oc. he can map it to not smoke. hes a very very good tuner and has a 550bhp a4 3.0 tdi v6 with 0 smoke and no dpf. and call a few garages you will definatly find one. i know about 5 i could get away with it with.

i know bobby he mapped my ecu and gearbox last month very good job

i know bobby he mapped my ecu and gearbox last month very good job
talk to him about no smoke mate. he can do it for you then delete the back boxes

I have a Magnaflow catback on mine; not a drastic change in sound from stock but a tad bit louder and deeper. Perfect for my taste.

I don't; but as has been said above you won't notice a big difference unless you delete the DPF. A catback with the DPF in place is just slightly louder and deeper than stock but not loud by any means.

I don't; but as has been said above you won't notice a big difference unless you delete the DPF. A catback with the DPF in place is just slightly louder and deeper than stock but not loud by any means.
I have a kufatec box fitted to my SQ5 sounds mega!!!

As stated above to get any meaningful noise from the 3.0 TDI you need to ditch the DPF, It acts as a very good silencer. There is no reason why any 3.0 TDI shouldn't sound like this.

I played with the exhaust on my car in stages. So this was stock with DPF

Made the back box straight through but kept some wadding in it as I didn't want it too tinny.

After I had the DPF removed and the car remapped it did make the exhaust much more rumbly and V6 sounding.
You can hear the difference in the exhaust when the flap is shut on this video as opposed to when it is open.

I fitted this valve in the exhaust which when opens essentially bypasses the rear silencers and the exhaust system is a downpipe with about 4ft of tube.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PQY...ut-Dump-Valve-switch-with/1000005781599.html?

The car sounds similar to the supersprint one with the valve open

Close the valve with the little remote and it is quite sensible.