Q5 Twoing Bracket Requirements

trevordavid

Reaction score
I last month purchased the Audi Q5, which is a great car. But sadly I have purchased the only Audi in the range that requires a towing bracket fitted by the main dealer and has to have engine cooling system upgrades and electric pack fitted. Dealer cost £2,000.

Had I known about the requirements when buying the car I would have been much tougher in agreeing the deal to buy the car. Disappointing none of the local sales team were aware of requirement when we talked about the cars towing capabilites. The manual only has a one line comment " cooling upgrade required" but doesn't give details.

Love the car and hopefully time wil dull the pain of this extra cost.

TREVOR

i fit towbars for a living, will find out on monday if any of the towbar manufactors make a towbar for them and will see if a smart relay can be used to get around the coding problem, if the outcome is a yes then fully fitted price will be less than 1/4 of the audi price

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response. I was able to find and buy a bracket but it was the electrics and cooloing system upgrades no one else could do. The best advice I recieved was fro, a tow bar fitting company in Seaham. He had done but would never again. He talked us through the "hoops" he had to go through to fit what he thought was a straight forward job.

Had to "bite the bullet", negociate a hefty discount and have bracket fitted at Audi. Looks good and works fine. Will just take some time to forget the cost. The car itself is superb.