Q7 Q7 BHP how to tell?

joe wiggins

Reaction score
Hello All

first post for me.
Im currently on the look out for a Q7 i have been looking at the 4.2 tdi and also the 3.0 diesel

My question is, when did the 3.o Q7 go from 229bhp to 242bhp? also is there anyway to tell what bhp it is when looking at the car?

I have been searching all the usual sites but on autotrader it tells you the bhp at the bottom of the advert and was wondering if they are correct or if the sellers put the details in wrong.

if i go for the higher bhp 3.0 i can get it remapped and it wont be far off the 4.2 standard power, and still give me a bit better MPG.

Im currently driving a 3.0 d4d landcruiser so im used to rubbish fuel economy but would like a bit more power.

I did a search before posting this but couldn't find my answer, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Joe

pre facelift 226 ish
facelift zf6 233 ish my10
facelift zf8 244 ish my11
facelift and facelifted interior 272 at some point(my13 i think)

V8
326 bhp till the facelift my11 with the zf8 when it was boosted to 340

Reactions: joe wiggins
Before I bought my A8 4.2tdi i drove few cars including 3.0tdi, 4.2tdi and re-mapped 3.0tdi. What I can tell even re-mapped 3.0tdi can't match 4.2tdi. Even if acceleration could be close the 4.2tdi does it in much better fashion, effortless. 3.0tdi is good for smaller cars but A8 or Q7 ask for V8.