Q7 Q7 MMI upgrade and AMI install.

Robw76

58 Q7 3.0 tdi , 02 A3 1.9 tdi PD100
Reaction score
hi,

First post on here, tried doing some pre read etc but guess easier to ask.....

I have a 58 Q7. I would like to be able to play music off iPhone6 and or USB devices and wanted to check my options.

The current software version is SW: AU-HU 51.5.0 0739

I think it's is 2g high as sat nav is via DVD.

How do I know if it has AMI fitted. I have checked glove box and centre console and can see nothing other than a carrier for a brick type phone used in 2008 and some kind of slimline holder in the glove box.

Any ideas.

I also have a question about service interval reset but will set up a new thread.

Thanks

Rob

Hi, if your car has AMI factory fitted, the port would be in your Glove box or middle armrest. ( Not sure where on the pre-facelift. Mine is a 14reg and it's in the glove box). Another to know if your car has it is by simply pressing the Media on your MMI panel and then pressing the "Source" the tab. It will list all the available media sources for your car.

Hi,

Looks like mine has not been fitted with AMI ( frustratingly seems to have all other toys).

Can you fit retrospectively without dealer support or are there aftermarket options?

Yes they can be retrofitted. With increasing ease actually, as more and more Audi owners without it factory fitted have wanted it. Depending on what in the UK you are, there are several great places you can go to for it.

Have you checked below the arm rest as you can lift that up and there is another space under there usually where a cd changer or ami sits.

Hi,

I am based in Plymouth/ Devon. Couldn't see anything local?

Spent a bit of time searching ebay and you tube for retro fit AMI last night and have seen a few kits.

I enjoy doing this sort of stuff myself, anyone know the success rate of doing so.

On a different note, I see both you guys own the V8 variants of the Q7. How do you find them in comparison to the V6. I love our Q7 and have told the wife I am up for a V8 next time ( I grew up working with American muscle cars and Big cruisers).

Hi,

I am based in Plymouth/ Devon. Couldn't see anything local?

Spent a bit of time searching ebay and you tube for retro fit AMI last night and have seen a few kits.

I enjoy doing this sort of stuff myself, anyone know the success rate of doing so.

On a different note, I see both you guys own the V8 variants of the Q7. How do you find them in comparison to the V6. I love our Q7 and have told the wife I am up for a V8 next time ( I grew up working with American muscle cars and Big cruisers).
Try www.audi-retrofits.co.uk, otherwise any other you see online. Most guys are actually mobile and can travel to you.

The V8 is just the right kind of grunt and pull I feel for a car of this size. My previous 2011 Q7 was a V6, and that was great too. But the two extra cylinders do make a big difference to drive response. I find it more feasible to have the V8 too since the difficulty MPG, tax and insurance costs don't differ greatly at all.

I will agree with the above, I went from a 3.0tdi a6 lemans to my 4.2tdi q7, and coupled to the zf 8 speed gearbox it is a fantastic combination.
The gear box can change down or up 3 gears at once if needed so responds really well. I use mine for towing a near 2 ton caravan and fully loaded you really don't notice much difference. Add to that the fact mine was remapped by DMS so it is running around 400bhp just yesterday I was happily pushing an astra vxr along between roundabouts but with the winter rubber on I had to accept that I didn't have the grip round them.

Thanks for the link.

I figured the V8 would bring about a broader smile to the driver :)

Agree with the running cost being near on equivalent when your talking about this size 4x4.

........next time round for me :)