Q7 Q7 MMI UPGRADE

g3gsb

Reaction score
Hi all, it's my first post on the forum. I would like to upgrade my MMI on my 2007 Audi Q7. I think it's 2g high but not 100% sure.

Here is a pic can someone confirm?
a8b62b145d31390f0c591d692979f1a8.jpg

I also have this version
9b93a49733b6b80169c7e1c87a99fa40.jpg

I would like to update to the latest. I have bought a lead that plugs into my MMI unit in the centre armrest that can read USB. The system doesn't recognise usb but does show an interface on the screen when selecting source. Will an update make it recognisable? Looking at my software version it looks pretty old compared to the latest.

Any assistance on this would greatly appreciated. I hate using CDs

Thanks

yes thats mmi 2g, which device did you buy? giving us a link or picture might help.

This is what came up when I plugged cable in and selected interface
fd2abfcf319cea5768e8be7c53276d46.jpg

I wonder if previous owner tried loading software and it didn't load properly ??

You are on an old version of the MMI 2G firmware the final version was 55.7.0. The part number of the disc are 4L0 998 961 do a search on the forum there are plenty of thread on how to run the update.

If you are after the MMI 3G setup then that is a fair amount of work and only cost effective if you can do the work yourself. I did a 2G to 3G install on my A6 http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-and-repair-thread.211351/page-2#post-2182122

Since I first posted I have done a bit of digging. It seems that the lead I bought isn't compatible with my 2g system. I've ordered what I think is the correct cable. Hopefully it will work and I won't get an error. Awaiting delivery and will post.

I've done an upgrade on my A5 a few years ago but that was just 2g strait firmware upgrade. I think I'll get the upgrade discs for my q7 and see how I get on. Hopefully I can order them from the dealers without them moaning.

Out of interest is there anyone local that has the discs that wouldn't mind lending them to me for a few beer tokens? I'm in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

Got a different cable today through the post and still getting the same error on the screen (shown in first post) I guess it's time to upgrade.

I've found a download of the upgrade with instructions. Has anyone done this upgrade from a download? Or is it worth purchasing the actual disc set? Cheers

Personally I would get a genuine set of disc, they only cost £5 from Audi, as bricked modules cost a dam sight more!

Ye your right I'll get em on order. Are the dealers still funny about selling them? I heard of people in the past having issues with dealers supplying the discs. If I remember my a5 discs came up as a "repair kit"

Ordered ready for collection Tuesday £7

Sorted now on software 5570 upgrade complete and USB now working with HDD
a9f87193de8af43f699db397a86dda5f.jpg

Hi I'm in the same position, do u have the links for the discs and leads ?? Just been quoted over £200. Any help is appreciated thanks

Hi respected members and experts, I need advise or help. My adaptive air suspension menu has stopped working or disappeared and can't find it to change settings, also I have noticed the hidden menu is no longer available I am on 5570 and have mmi 2ghigh on Audi Q7 2007. Can anyone help or advise.

Hi all, it's my first post on the forum. I would like to upgrade my MMI on my 2007 Audi Q7. I think it's 2g high but not 100% sure.

I also have this version

I would like to update to the latest. I have bought a lead that plugs into my MMI unit in the centre armrest that can read USB. The system doesn't recognise usb but does show an interface on the screen when selecting source. Will an update make it recognisable? Looking at my software version it looks pretty old compared to the latest.

Thanks

I also have this version

Thanks

If anyone is interested in future TPS can get the discs for collection from them the next morning for about £9.50 at top end price or if you get to know them you will get a better deal.

The part number for the 3 disc set is: 4L0 998 961H

Your local TPS can be found on https://tps.trade

I’ve ordered and done the update myself. The one thing I would recommend is plugging a battery charger to the car battery while doing the upgrade because it takes a while and if your battery isn’t quite as good as it should be you could have a nightmare on your hands. Run the second CD twice if you have Bluetooth, the first time only deletes the modules. The second time reinstalls them back onto the mmi. Set aside a couple of hours and you are good to go.

I hope this helps

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk