Quantum Remap

MarkWizard

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi

Any one got any opinions on them remapping a 2.0 TDi 140?

Believe they are ex-Superchips people.

Thanks

Mark.

Had a quantum. Map on my 2.0tfsi when i bought it... its awful i wouldnt bother better to save and put towards a decent map

The tdi maps from Quantum are good. Not as good as a custom tune but you get what you pay for. I initially tried a quantum map on my S3 but they couldn't (at the time) sort out flat shifts on the dsg box (facelift car) so I ended up going to MRC in Banbury.

Last month across the road had a Quantum remap on their 2.0 TDI 140 8P , they are very happy .

Thanks guys - £275 for an extra (quoted) 40 bhp sounds like it's worth doing

£275 ?

2017 08 01 130127

Might lose the EGR - all my journeys are quite long normally so shouldn't affect the DPF

Egr is prerequisite of dpf regeneration as it helps regulate both the pressure and temperature of dpf regeneration .

Removing just the egr could block the dpf .

Anyway the egr is an out of date , crude device that belongs in the bin ( so does a dpf ) . Both bad for the engine .

Vacuum controlled egr's have been about since the 70's , there are better systems out there for aftertreatment .

OK thanks. How does removing the EGR risk blocking the DPF? Apologies if the video answers this, I'm at a customer's office today and need to be careful of what noises I make!!!

Video doesn't address it , the information was received when I made enquiries earlier this summer .

From an Evolution Master Installer..

" EGR is used during passive regeneration to help regulate the DPF temperature.

Many older vehicles were absolutely fine to remove it, in fact I’ve done some due to customers insisting, some seem to be ok, and others give various regeneration errors. Obviously for me, it’s the most sensible option, to ensure I don’t get any future errors with the customers car. To be honest, it’s probably mainly due to style of driving, but better safe than sorry. "