Quattro propshaft centre mount ?

Jonion

Reaction score
Thought it might be easier to get an opinion if you could see what it's like rather than just desccribing it.

so here's a crappy little video.
Does this look like a normal amount of movement or too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
is that the housing for the bearing that people are on about with the vibration issue at about 2000-2500rpm in the Quattros in 5-6th gear?

I assume it is.
My problem is a vibration at speeds of 65mph and above though, irrespective of gear or rpms... as I suspect that gear or rpm is not going to make any difference to the propshaft.

It's just more apparent in those gears and revs- it seems to dissapear around 2800rpm though! :(

I've got the same problem. Though unfortunately for you, I have no idea about your question.

How easy is it to change that bearing? does that alone solve the problem of the vibrations? (ofcourse if what you're asking about with regards to the propshaft movement isn't a problem!)

how much force to move it that much?
I have jsut had my prop off and it does move around a bit, probably not quite as much as that, I don't have any vibration issues though.
not a massive job to replace it and it is a cheap peice to buy.

worth replacing it if in doubt

Less force than I imagined it would take .
Lying on the ground under car using one hand.

but if that's normal movement then I need to look elsewhere for the problem... maybe a CV joint. UJ Looked OK.
Or maybe just pull the thing off and go from there, was hoping to pin it down before doign that if possible though.