Quattro + Snow = Fun

007dan91

Reaction score
Thought I would share some videos from today, first time I've had some drifting fun in the snow

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and S32B
Unfortunately never got it on video but did some doghnuts in our local Tesco car park. I have winter tyres on so plenty of grip and lots of torque so took ESP off power on with full lock. Car just basically spins in a very tight circle at high speed spraying snow everywhere.
Got some funny looks off people but hey I am too old for sledging :) .

I can't believe it, snow all weekend here and I have no quattro/4x4 for the first time in 4.5 years! All that time previously in quattro/4x4 = not a single flake!!!

Unfortunately never got it on video but did some doghnuts in our local Tesco car park. I have winter tyres on so plenty of grip and lots of torque so took ESP off power on with full lock. Car just basically spins in a very tight circle at high speed spraying snow everywhere.
Got some funny looks off people but hey I am too old for sledging :) .

I was hoping for more snow in the location of the 2nd video just so I could get more snow kicked up. Unfortunately I got there too late. I shall wait for the next day of snowfall.

I can't believe it, snow all weekend here and I have no quattro/4x4 for the first time in 4.5 years! All that time previously in quattro/4x4 = not a single flake!!!

Yeah it’s the opposite for me, 2 ford focuses before this so FWD, the Quattro system is fun, traction completely off and just go flying around on the snow.

Reactions: S32B
I did also have some fun in the S5 :D

Not that other half found it as hilarious as I did!

Looks great fun - how do you get the lifestyle to flicker?

I did also have some fun in the S5 :D

Not that other half found it as hilarious as I did!

Yeah next time it snows I'm going back out, want to try fully locking the steering wheel and putting my foot down.

Looks great fun - how do you get the lifestyle to flicker?

It was and sorry mate I don't understand the question

Led lights all seem to flicker when filmed using a mobile phone.

Ah this is what he was asking, yeah its something to do with the camera frame rate and the way the lights are powered.

Yeah next time it snows I'm going back out, want to try fully locking the steering wheel and putting my foot down.

It was and sorry mate I don't understand the question

Little bit of throttle control and you can slightly control a little powerslide! (Little Scandinavian flick also helps with the weight being bias to the front) all in all fun and good to understand the car better.