quattro sport ?? what are my options?? advice needed

conrad1987

Reaction score
had my a3 a few months now and after a bit of advice its a aqy engine code 180 bhp standard form i had it remapped other week by a well known mapper on the vag scene (rich washbrook) i got the car back and its quicker and loads more torque its a running a tweeked map a hybrid of revo stage 1 and custom bits hes fiddled with he spent a morning and said he was impressed with how it goes roughly producing 200 ish give or take a bit . now the bit im confused bout is i had a ibiza cupra 150 bhp stage 1 map and that was 180 ish but i was always told ko3 would never make anywhere near 200 bhp with out a ko3s but my a3 runs a ko3 and its producing 200 or maybe lil bit more?????

im after more power but not sure how far i can take this turbo is it on its limit or can i go further i.e fmic tip exhaust ways im struggling as no1 makes one for my car which is a bit sh*t and advice would be appreciated as im not sure where to go from here???

had my a3 a few months now and after a bit of advice its a aqy engine code 180 bhp standard form i had it remapped other week by a well known mapper on the vag scene (rich washbrook) i got the car back and its quicker and loads more torque its a running a tweeked map a hybrid of revo stage 1 and custom bits hes fiddled with he spent a morning and said he was impressed with how it goes roughly producing 200 ish give or take a bit . now the bit im confused bout is i had a ibiza cupra 150 bhp stage 1 map and that was 180 ish but i was always told ko3 would never make anywhere near 200 bhp with out a ko3s but my a3 runs a ko3 and its producing 200 or maybe lil bit more?????

im after more power but not sure how far i can take this turbo is it on its limit or can i go further i.e fmic tip exhaust ways im struggling as no1 makes one for my car which is a bit sh*t and advice would be appreciated as im not sure where to go from here???

Ok dude youl have alot of people help on here :)

Its a quattro isnt it? So it has a k03s mate :)

So for futher upgrades your best luck is to speak to a guy called reesey or look at his TQS thread as theres loads of info.

I thought you could get about 220bhp from a KO3S?

200 would be lucky on a KO3....VERY lucky! However they do drive nicely when mapped.... just not as big on power.

Had 235 on my Leon Cupra on the rollers that had a K03s with Revo stage 2, fmic and high flow miltek system

yea the car is aqy engine code i thrt it was just a ko3 maybe i am wrong then but thats good news for me lol its the 180 bhp throttle cable engine its a 1999 and im sure its a sport did they make a quattro 180bhp thats isnt a sport?? im new to the vag scene as ive always hadd french stuff so sorry dor the newbie stuff lol

He thinks hes got a k03 on his TQS, unless im mistaken all TQS came with k03s?

Yes they did, so he should be able to get another 30 bhp??

You're both mistaken.

Early TQ's came with a ko3 turbo still, much like the ibiza cupra R, it had a ko3 with a different map to get to 180bhp.

The change to ko3S was still around the same time as the facelift, although, I think there are a few pre facelift TQ's that might have ako3S. not many though.

You're both mistaken.

Early TQ's came with a ko3 turbo still, much like the ibiza cupra R, it had a ko3 with a different map to get to 180bhp.

The change to ko3S was still around the same time as the facelift, although, I think there are a few pre facelift TQ's that might have ako3S. not many though.

Good to know as i thought all tqs has k03s.

fraid not matey, although it's a common thought! not sure on the codes (don't pay much attention to TQ's!) but many pre facelift TQ's were ko3 only I'm afraid. Could just be down to cable throttle / DBW switchover with the newer ECUs

My AJQ had a ko3 that was a TQS

checked on our sysem at work today and yea mines a ajq engine so k03 :( lol

I have had 2 tqs (ary), and they are k03s. The first one was an x plate (first of the facelift).