**Quattro Update**

yellowgti

Whats going to break next??...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.fastcarcentral.co.uk
would just like to say that just before christmas me and vicki went our seperate ways but now have sorted ourselves out and are back together so will now be at shows and meets once again,

obviously she didnt like cleaning the car herself so i took over especially on the polished wheels
16012009273.jpg

16012009274.jpg

16012009272.jpg

also we lost the front indicator friday night so we have bought crystal clear ones till we can afford some r8 effect lights,

and finally after popping the intercooler (god knows how) in london 170 miles from home on saturday night this has just come through the post ;) will post fitting step by step when i do it tomorrow as ive got to figure it out myself yet and it doesnt come with instructions! got it from turborevs shop on ebay £200 but on there actual website its like £300 so bit of a credit crunch saving ;)

intercooler.jpg

intercooler1.jpg

any feels so good to be back, take care and see you all soon ;):arco:

glad theres a happy ending. what sort of quality is the fmic, looks nice though

Phew glad to hear you got the IC back....i mean, glad to hear you guys are back together and its all going ok ;)

Coolio. Keep us updated.

However...............you talk about "vicki" a little too fondly for my liking :)

Anyone see that documentary over christmas about the guys who "make love" to their cars :)

Only joking, good luck with the install.

hahaha cheers guys the intercooler looks pretty good had if from http://turborevs.org.uk/intercooler-kits/intercooler-kit/vw-golf-mk4-audi-a3-a4-intercooler-kit.html but there ebay shop is about £80 cheaper if you haggle the price, only thing ive noticed the 4 bolts used to secure the cooler itself were too big so ihad to buy 4 new ones (no big deal) and one of the reducer pipes on the for the cooler was slightly too big but shouldnt lea to a problem,

fitting it tomorrow depending on the weather so will let you know and post step by step pics up for everyones future reference, in case anyones interested i used there best offer price on ebay and got it for £175 plus postage, rather than £190 plus postage

ok, i didnt know about any of this i thought the agu engines didnt have them?, advice - pics please?

If this is your engine bay, then you have the later non-throttle cable type meaning it's not an AGU and it will have a MAP sensor.

100_0294.jpg

To be sure you need to take a look at the current intercooler. If there is an electrical connector attached to it, then it'll need remounting in the new pipework somewhere.

You can see it if you remove the driver's side indicator.

A3_MAP_Sensor_01.jpg

Item number 6
A3_MAP_Sensor_02.jpg

thanks for that dude yep thats my engine bay minus a few plastic covers now, thats helped quite a bit ;) will let you know how i go on