Question to those who have rejected...

auzzam_crd

Reaction score
Asking on behalf of a friend, how long does the process take?

He has currently been told the request has gone "to the brand to authorise" - we assume this means Audi UK?

He's not driving the car anymore and is wondering when they will be coming to collect it.

From my initial complaint to Audi finance to them upholding my complaint took 5 weeks, they sent me a email giving me two options. First would be to return the car and that it would be inspected and collected within 3 weeks or the option of a goodwill gesture and a guarantee of a fix within 3 months. Because I couldn’t be without a car for upto 6 months and being told that new cars are affected by the same problem I took the goodwill.

From my initial complaint to Audi finance to them upholding my complaint took 5 weeks, they sent me a email giving me two options. First would be to return the car and that it would be inspected and collected within 3 weeks or the option of a goodwill gesture and a guarantee of a fix within 3 months. Because I couldn’t be without a car for upto 6 months and being told that new cars are affected by the same problem I took the goodwill.
Thanks bud, did they at any point offer you your money back? Or only a swap into a new car?

I guess the fix they're working on is the SOS warning light? Or was it for everything else too.

Hi Auzzam
The offer was to hand the car back walk away. ( I’d rather not talk about the financial side ) but I’d not be out of pocket put it that way. There was no option of getting me a new car I’d have to join the long list and wait till the end of the year or go buy another brand. As I travel over 20k miles per year being without a car for 6 months wasn’t a option to me and I do really like my A3.
To date my car has never had a SOS problem the fix is for the MMi crashes and constantly reboot.
I’m 100% certain it’s caused by apple CarPlay though as I’ve not had any reboot or major problems since I stopped using CarPlay over 6 weeks ago.
This week it had another software update ( not for the mmi ) and next month it’s back in again for some other warranty work.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi Auzzam
The offer was to hand the car back walk away. ( I’d rather not talk about the financial side ) but I’d not be out of pocket put it that way. There was no option of getting me a new car I’d have to join the long list and wait till the end of the year or go buy another brand. As I travel over 20k miles per year being without a car for 6 months wasn’t a option to me and I do really like my A3.
To date my car has never had a SOS problem the fix is for the MMi crashes and constantly reboot.
I’m 100% certain it’s caused by apple CarPlay though as I’ve not had any reboot or major problems since I stopped using CarPlay over 6 weeks ago.
This week it had another software update ( not for the mmi ) and next month it’s back in again for some other warranty work.
thanks bud, completely understand.

Even my car has the random reboots (with no phone connected), when I've contacted the dealer they have said their is a new bulletin going around that they are working on the SOS fix but they are not aware of other MMI issues.

Was that 5 weeks for them to get back to you? or 5 weeks from start to finish where you had an offer you were happy with.

thanks

Auzzam

I rang them to ask about the process and was ready to proceed then the car came back and all was good for 3 weeks. Then when it all started again I rang and started the process and they came back with a offer 5 weeks later. In that 5 weeks they investigated my complaint by asking me for a statement of what had happened and then asked the dealer to confirm what I said.
They then upheld my complaint and made the offer.
I frantically rang around looking for a cancellation order of a A3 tdi to be told there is none and I’d have to wait till the end of the year for a factory order.
3 dealers told me that new cars still have problems and I wonder if that’s why the delivery time is so long now.

I rang them to ask about the process and was ready to proceed then the car came back and all was good for 3 weeks. Then when it all started again I rang and started the process and they came back with a offer 5 weeks later. In that 5 weeks they investigated my complaint by asking me for a statement of what had happened and then asked the dealer to confirm what I said.
They then upheld my complaint and made the offer.
I frantically rang around looking for a cancellation order of a A3 tdi to be told there is none and I’d have to wait till the end of the year for a factory order.
3 dealers told me that new cars still have problems and I wonder if that’s why the delivery time is so long now.
Yep no doubt, I really do hope they fix the issues but I am starting to get slightly worried not everyone's symptoms are the same and therefore it might not just be a case of one patch fixes all.

sounds like you're having a good customer experience from them which is re-assuring.

Whilst you triggered the rejection were you still driving the car?

I was told to carry on using the car and I could even use it until it was collected by BCA.

Hi All, I picked my A3 Saloon s-line stronic up at the end of April and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned in this forum which I have been monitoring closely whilst waiting for the car. I have driven 300 miles and nothing so far so interesting to understand if fixes have been implemented in recent cars being delivered.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi All, I picked my A3 Saloon s-line stronic up at the end of April and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned in this forum which I have been monitoring closely whilst waiting for the car. I have driven 300 miles and nothing so far so interesting to understand if fixes have been implemented in recent cars being delivered.
Thanks Sush,

Don't want to jinx it bud but on my first car the problems started around 400 miles. On this new one it started within 10 miles lol.

Do you live anywhere near London? it seems the SOS problems are worse here than other areas.

Thanks Sush,

Don't want to jinx it bud but on my first car the problems started around 400 miles. On this new one it started within 10 miles lol.

Do you live anywhere near London? it seems the SOS problems are worse here than other areas.
Thanks Auzzam, this probably explains why I have not experienced the problem as I am based in the midlands.

Glad I have found this forum, took delivery of my A3 Edition 1 in November. Had intermittent faults appear for a while when I started ignition but then last week had the Electrical fault please stop the vehicle. The screen on the MMI system also keeps going black and rebooting. Audi Assist have been out ran the diagnostics knocked the front door and said which Audi centre do you want this recovering to? Basically said it is an alternator issue, hadn't even touched on the MMI issue or vibration/knocking sound from wheel or steering I had also mentioned. From what I have read the replacing the alternator may not even fix this?

Have also just realised the car does not have the electric seats either and should have done as standard - it is a personal lease plan with ALD Automotive, how am I best to address this?

Last edited: