Facelift Questions about LEDs in the 2017 A3

TMB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently waiting for my brand new A3 (leaving the factory in a few days) and I was wondering about some of the lights.

I chose the LED headlight package (not Matrix) and it says on the price list that LED tail lights are also included when chosing this package. I'm wondering if the LED tail lights include LED reverse/fog bulbs or if they're halogen? Is it just the brake/driving lights that are LED?

I also chose the interior light package and wondering the same thing, if they're all halogens or LEDs.

I want to order new bulbs in advance if I have to so that I can just swap them over when the car arrives, that's why I'm asking.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Pretty sure it's all 100% LED.

No light bulbs to change, but a massive bill if you ever break one... the price of progress.

Hi all,

I'm currently waiting for my brand new A3 (leaving the factory in a few days) and I was wondering about some of the lights.

I chose the LED headlight package (not Matrix) and it says on the price list that LED tail lights are also included when chosing this package. I'm wondering if the LED tail lights include LED reverse/fog bulbs or if they're halogen? Is it just the brake/driving lights that are LED?

I also chose the interior light package and wondering the same thing, if they're all halogens or LEDs.

I want to order new bulbs in advance if I have to so that I can just swap them over when the car arrives, that's why I'm asking.

I have the S Line.
my reverse lights are LED.
Not tried the fog lights.
all the interior are LED

Given that they are LED I don't think you will need spares ?

Reactions: TMB
I think the only bulb that's not LED is the one in the glovebox...?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TMB
I have the S Line.
my reverse lights are LED.
Not tried the fog lights.
all the interior are LED

Given that they are LED I don't think you will need spares ?

Alright, thanks. No, probably won't need spares. I was planning to switch them all if they weren't LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone's wondering the same thing; the glovebox light and the four red door warning lights were halogen bulbs. Swapped for LEDs now.

Reactions: pastey and Audi Bairn