Quick clean for the new car....

the_cueball

Reaction score
So this is my new addition to the fleet, a 2003 Audi S4...

This isn’t a full detail as the car has been going into the garage to get an MOT, and next week is heading south for some fun stuff @ MRC tuning.... and with winter coming up as well, I don’t really see the point of a full machine polish yet...

Detailing is a cruel mistress though, and I didn’t want to be driving a dirty car about, plus with some new additions to play with, I decided to give the paint a tickle and get some protection down to help out... :D

For some reason, I have no before pictures either... odd... so I start with a picture of my Wolfs decon gel cleaning up the wheels... my new discs and pads are bedding in nicely! :lol: :wall:

IMG_6051Copy.jpg

As always, I spray this on the wheels at the very start, and leave it to work while I get the rest of my kit out and ready to use...

After this, time to snow foam, I’m still using Chemical Guys No touch, works very well and has a nice consistency to it..

IMG_6058Copy.jpg

IMG_6057Copy.jpg

As this was dwelling, I went around the car as usual with some AS G101 and a brush to take care of the finer areas, and things like this:

IMG_6054Copy.jpg

IMG_6053Copy.jpg

The car was then given another foaming and washed using the 2BM with AF Lather as the shampoo...

Here is a picture of my current buckets and wheel cleaner, I don't have the fancy stuff! :p:p:p

IMG_6059Copy.jpg

I know I don’t have the most expensive water carriers in the world, or sheep on a stick, but I do try my best :eek::eek::eek::eek: ;)

But as always, each to their own... I waste my money in other areas and products! :lol:

After the car had been washed, it was time for my 3 step decontamination routine... the first 2 steps are chemically based: Tardis and Wolf’s decon on the bodywork...

The last stage – the manual one is using clay (Zaino) and some ONR as the lube... and readers can think what they want that I have had and used this clay for 2 years now... and used it on many cars.... :rolleyes:

IMG_6061Copy.jpg

No glory in dirty, wrecked clay after 1 use (IMO)... this has been put away again to be used again soon...I then sprayed the car with AS Tango and dried it off, leaving me with this:

IMG_6062Copy.jpg

IMG_6063Copy.jpg

IMG_6065Copy.jpg

IMG_6066Copy.jpg

A quick view of what I’ll be correcting... one day! :lol:

IMG_6064Copy.jpg

And some interior shots:

IMG_6052Copy.jpg

IMG_6056Copy.jpg

IMG_6055Copy.jpg

I brought the car inside to start the rest of the work... and to use some of my new goodies

IMG_6067Copy.jpg

The AD scratch out would be worked via my DA and megs polishing pad... I didn’t really expect to get any major cut using this method on the hard German paint, but the product did get a few of the lighter swirls out and added some shine to the paint, so I was happy with the results...

The repel was chosen for the windows, and since I had the DA out, I switched over to a finishing pad, and applied it by spraying straight on the windows, then spreading it with the machine before leaving for 15 minutes and buffing off using AF crystal window cleaner...

I gave the windows 2 coats using this method...

Next up was the paint cleanser which was just worked by hand and wiped off 1 panel at a time...then.... it was my new wax – Definitive wax Number one....

Lovely wax, presented very well... smells great... and is very easy to use... again 1 panel at a time, worked in with their applicator, and buffed straight off.... no issues with removing this wax!

I gave the car 1 coat on Saturday, then left it overnight before giving it another layer today...

Some inside shots:

IMG_6074Copy.jpg

IMG_6075Copy.jpg

IMG_6076Copy.jpg

IMG_6078Copy.jpg

I went back to finish off some of the “details”... engine was cleaned with the tornador gun and Bio Brisk, then completed with AS finish...

The trim on the front/rear and lower doors, as well as the scuttle and wiper arms were all given a layer of CarPro Dlux

Tyres were given 2 coats of AS highstyle..

Interior was cleaned with the tornador gun as usual, plastics and leather was treated and protected with CarPro Perl..

Part 2 to follow...

Annnnd.... with a final blast of AS berry, the work was complete... (I think I have got everything! :lol: )

So just the finished shots... taken in the full Scottish sun as per usual for me :wall::wall::wall:

IMG_6082Copy.jpg

IMG_6083Copy.jpg

IMG_6084Copy.jpg

IMG_6085Copy.jpg

IMG_6089Copy.jpg

IMG_6093Copy.jpg

IMG_6094Copy.jpg

IMG_6095Copy.jpg

And a quick few of the interior:

IMG_6086Copy.jpg

IMG_6087Copy.jpg

The peach of an engine...

IMG_6090Copy.jpg

IMG_6091Copy.jpg

IMG_6092Copy.jpg

And that manky hinge, and my usual tyre shot :lol:

IMG_6096Copy.jpg

IMG_6088Copy.jpg

And that is that... all done :D

Thanks for looking, and as always all comments and criticism most welcome...

:thumb:

Reactions: Tuddie
Looks very smart, You will cry when it rains though......:blink:

Reactions: the_cueball
Lovely work.

I've been reading the Definitive Wax threads over on DW. Looks good.

Very nice car. What sort of things you getting done at mrc?

Superb thread

Welcome to audi-sport.net. What a fantastic write up and the carlooks stunning. All ready for our fantastic scottish weather. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Excellent work!

Love the colour of your S4, you've put alot of effort in, give yourself a pat on the back.

Cheers all...

MRC work was stage 2 remap, gearbox and diff oil change and a miltek loud de-cat exhaust...

Now to car is something like:

RAAAAR, boom, RAAAAAR, bang, RAAAAAR pop

:D

I think the blue has came up nice, and suits the shape of the car, and hopefully the new wax will see me through another Glasgow winter...

Thanks again....

:thumb:

Very tidy motor! i like it alot, good work pal.

Look spot on mate