Quick detailer.

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

My sonax bsd is almost used up and I'm after some recommendations for some new quick detailer

I've used sonax for a while now and although not the slickest product around, the water beading is amazing So any new product will have to be as good as if not better then sonax

Thanks in advance !!!

Reactions: Buxton2901
Yer a fan of Sonax so stick with it, and Sonax BSD Isn't technically a quick detailer it's a silicone Sealant hence it's grabby l am sure the king of BSD mixes will be along soon

Evening everyone.

My sonax bsd is almost used up and I'm after some recommendations for some new quick detailer

I've used sonax for a while now and although not the slickest product around, the water beading is amazing So any new product will have to be as good as if not better then sonax

Thanks in advance !!!
@Toonsoldier91 - Can't beat BSD as a QD TBH
Cheapest I can find it at the mo is £6.76 delivered using code WINTER12
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?549992160&0&cc5_761

Like @jassyo06 says I like mixing BSD with other QD's that I all ready have
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/sonax-bsd-mixes.373200/

PS & don't listen to Jassy about BSD as he's never even tried it! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had a bit of a sort out and ermm found this, 2 full bottles and 1 half bottle:
Qd

So today I washed the car & hand wash and applied some of the Sonax...I'd forgot how good it it!!!

Reactions: Pook, THQuattro and Bristle Hound
Reactions: S32B
Reactions: cuke2u
@cuke2u - Lol
The grumpy one is a bit easy to wind up on the BSD subject
If he'd only try it he'd know what all the fuss was about :D

This many people can't be wrong, can they ?
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295795

I posed the question 'Is Sonax BSD A Spray Sealent Or A QD?' on DW some time ago without any conclusive answers lol
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=340024

Ye know what you can do with yer DW links........?? Lol
I have a totally different approach to detailing than you do mate BSD gets its overhyped rep mainly because its cheap as for beading not really interested it's a by product as far as I am concerned, my number one criteria is how the paint looks before you apply any product on top, that's where the real difference is
The highest gloss levels l have ever seen. .. was on young @MattSedg car after it had been machined polished and 3 coats of Gyeon Syncro applied on top.it looked as if it had been coated with Glass .... That's detailing

Reactions: Sandra, cuke2u and MattSedg
I have a totally different approach to detailing than you do mate BSD gets its overhyped rep mainly because its cheap as for beading not really interested it's a by product as far as I am concerned, my number one criteria is how the paint looks before you apply any product on top, that's where the real difference is
The highest gloss levels l have ever seen. .. was on young @MattSedg car after it had been machined polished and 3 coats of Gyeon Syncro applied on top.it looked as if it had been coated with Glass .... That's detailing
Looked **** hot lad

Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Well it's rained a bit!

B1
B2

Reactions: Pook, RS3 S., THQuattro and 3 others
@jassyo06 - Fair comment my wee scotch friend :thumbs up:
If we all liked & did the same things it would be a pretty boring world IMO

& anyway Detailing is probably the most subjective thing I've come across in along time
Even more so than Brexit !
laughing.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06, THQuattro and Sandra
AuyoGlym Aqua wax also gives a good result, more of a Q.D. than a wax but good results.

Reactions: cuke2u
The grumpy one is a bit easy to wind up on the BSD subject
If he'd only try it he'd know what all the fuss was about :D
Just for you :)

Heavy rain this morning, roof, boot and bonnet all looking pretty :):p Can't wait to drive off and watch it all run off lol :D

Roof
Boot
Bonnet

Reactions: THQuattro, Pook and Bristle Hound
Just seen this side of the forum. If I can add something to this thread, I use P&S bead maker, without doubt the best sealant I’ve used and lasts a while between washes.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just seen this side of the forum. If I can add something to this thread, I use P&S bead maker, without doubt the best sealant I’ve used and lasts a while between washes.
@DW81 - Nice one :thumbs up:
Thread rules are - we NEED pic's lol

Reactions: DW81
Think most on here are getting confused by the definition of "Quick Detailer" over a "Spray on sealant".....As BSD and BM are both spray on sealants.......

I’ve actually been looking at getting this. I’ve heard it leaves a very slick finish. Unlike bsd

I’d like to see how the beading of the 2 compare

I’ve actually been looking at getting this. I’ve heard it leaves a very slick finish. Unlike bsd

Like l said in my initial post on this thread....just stick with BSD.....BM is well below par on beading

Bouncer's new one, Done and Dusted Si, thats the one i'm using at the moment and loving it.
I find it better to use on a dry panel rather than using it as a drying aid

Imran

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound

Super super slick, gloss levels once it’s dried are through the roof and beads like nothing else I’ve seen. Longevity is also pretty good, not been washed in a few weeks done a lot of motorway and country lane driving in mud and the water just seems to bounce of it. No problematic water spotting just the remainder of the dust in the dirty water from the roads. One quick plast if the washer and it’s off.

Carbon Collective Hybrid topped with their Speciale detailer is good combo, will try & get some pictures of mine when I do it again