Quick hello - My A1 185 Black Edition

Nick185BE

Reaction score
Hi all. Just signed up here as the previous forum I was on has died a death. I'm based in Burton On Trent and I noticed there are a few Staffordshire users on here. So just wanted to introduce myself.

I bought my 2012 Audi A1 in June 2016 and it looked like this at the dealership:

1.jpg

It came with the following spec - Privacy Glass, A.S.S, Sat-Nav via SD, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry/Start, Xenons, RMC MMI with 2 SD slots.

Looked a bit high to me! So I bought some H&R Springs to lower it 35mm and also some H&R Blackdrive spacers (15mm rear - 10mm front) as the wheels sit quite tucked under the arches. Afterwards it looked like this:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Very happy with the looks now, but I thought it could be even faster! So I took it to my local company CC Tuning and had a Stage 1 remap to take it up to 210bhp. I also had the S-Tronic box tuned to give quicker changes and set the change points slightly earlier in both S and D (Sport and Eco-Drive). Goes like stink now!

Then just this week I decided to get my 18 inch rotors powder-coated in gloss black, the edges diamond cut back to silver and the calipers painted. I went for green in the end after umming and ahhing over red or gold instead. Also bought some black Audi centre-caps off eBay. So now it looks like this:

4.jpg

I know the wheels might not be to everybody's taste, but I love them!

That's as far as I'm up to right now. I'll get a stainless exhaust system once it needs doing. Can't justify binning the old one yet with nothing wrong with it.

Nick.

Reactions: TYb, 45bvtc, Booboo and 3 others
Looks great but the wheel colour change and ride height aren't to my taste! I think those wheels as standard are some of the nicest that Audi have produced and the size really suits the A1.

185bhp feels pretty good to me but I'm getting very close to paying the local REVO guys a visit...!

Reactions: Nick185BE and Jcbmally
Looking good. If I saw the pic of yours lowered on H&R a few months back it would of made my decision a whole lot easier. I am glad I decided to go with these springs too as mine was so high! Made such a difference.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Nick185BE
Small upgrade today. Some Audi stickers that were £1.34 for the pair on Amazon.

21d5d7da98d28ab299c0f7c2894d8215.jpg

be489acf4aeb57f4dface8aea7672b8a.jpg

A little smaller than advertised, but that makes them more subtle looking IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
Hi I think we met before on the 'other dead' forum.
As you can see I've moved on to an A4. I'm still in DE11 area though

Reactions: Nick185BE
Love it mate. A lot smoother ride than the A1 and even more toys to play with!

Attachments

• 20170416_184130.png
    20170416_184130.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • 20170416_184109.png
    20170416_184109.png
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 221
I'll get a stainless exhaust system once it needs doing. Can't justify binning the old one yet with nothing wrong with it.

Nick.

The Miltek is great on the 185bhp A1 Nick but needs careful installation (like strapping the rubber mountings) to stop the darn thing banging about:

A1 Miltek

A1 Miltek 2