Quick question about S3 bucket seats

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I forgot to look when I test drove an S3 recently but do the bucket seats have a lever to pull them forwards for rear access?? Or is it a case of turning the recliner knob forwards?

Typically my dealership hasn't had one with the seats in for ages!

I'm very close to deciding the final specs of my next car. And I've been offered 17250 for mine after 13 months and 15k miles :icon_thumright:

Sure someone mentioned the release being in the outer hole in the headrest, may be wrong though.

Mark

ok thanks. I had a look through the recent threads to PM someone but noone had them on their list on their signature. Is there anyone out there?!

lever is in the hole as mentioned ,but dont expect seat to tilt very far forward it barely moves

I think that they have the lever as mentione above. They do not run forward like the standard S3 seats when you tilt the back forward so if you want to get in the back you have to manually pull the seat forward using the lever that you would use to adjust the leg length when you are in the driving seat.

prt

does it connect to the seat slider like on the normal seats?

Well I have the buckets and it only tilts, to move forward you have to pull a lever under the seat. Actually is quite easy for the driver to do that, the lever is on the driver's side and is within easy hand reach. To tilt the lever is in the seat holes.

Had it for 4 months. Would order the buckets again, no doubt at all!! You will thank me on the roundabouts or in tight and fast corners, support is fantastic!

If they are worth the money is absolutely your call as it is your money. I don't have a doubt and the back of the seats is a hardshell in high gloss black finish... great so your rear seats passengers dont stab your back with their knees when you use those powerful brakes properly!!

Pedro

I rarely have people in the back but when I do I find it a pain already having to explain how to pull the seats forward.

I know the seats are good, just need to know if the impracticalities (and £1300) outway the benefits.

Staz! Get them mate! You will never regret getting them, you will regret NOT getting them!!

They give excellent support, look the business and on an S3, just perfect!

Pedro