QUICK QUESTION - AUDI RS6 19" ALLOYS - tyre size

doug.p

Reaction score
need some new wheels as above

what tyre size do i go for and can i get decent replicas for a decent price, if possible i would want quite a wide stance but without the use of spacers, so could i get / fit rs6 alloys wider than the 18" sline jobbies i have at present

i have seen some replicas on flea bay with avon zz3 tyres for £695 delivered, but i think they are standard width

any ideas anyone
am buying at the weekend:icon_thumright:

need some new wheels as above
I think you should have used the word 'want', not 'need'.......we're not talking women's shoes here! :no:

what tyre size do i go for
Depends what you're trying to achieve..........235/35/19 is the 'right' size to go for - presuming you're on 235/40/18's at the moment :icon_thumright:

Can i get decent replicas for a decent price
You can get replicas for a price...........not certain about the use of decent twice though :slap:

if possible i would want quite a wide stance but without the use of spacers
Then you need to adjust the offset. Your current wheels will be ET43. If you go for ET35 you will in effect move the wheels out by 8mm.
My new alloys are ET31 but are also 1/2" wider than standard. :sorry:

so could i get / fit rs6 alloys wider than the 18" sline jobbies i have at present
Yes - if the manufacturers make em, you can get em. The std 18" Sline 'RS6' alloys are 8" wide :readit:

i have seen some replicas on flea bay with avon zz3 tyres for £695 delivered, but i think they are standard width
My mum used to say "You know what thought did? He thought he'd bobbed himself but he hadn't!" :hi:

any ideas anyone
Mate - I'm full of ideas :idea:

am buying at the weekend:icon_thumright:
Only if you make some hard decisions young man:nyah:

Hang on - thought you said it was a 'quick question'!!!!!

:meeting:

Rich

Last edited:
I just purchased some new 19" Rep RS4's today, but nearly opted for the new R8 V10 alloys. Stunning looking wheels. Got a pic of what they look like below in 18" as thats all they had in stock. I was sooo tempted but in the end gave into my origional plan as I have already fitted two sets I didn't like on.

I opted for 235/35/19 Goodyears, on a 8.5J by ET45 wheel.

In my opinion stay clear of the Avons, I found them to be poor in the wet and very noisy. Also watch out as so many of the Flebay wheels have an offset of ET35 which is a little neat for me.

Also seen a black A4 S-line saloon fitted with the new S5 5 spoke (the ones with the twist on the outer edge) which looked sweet. (I'll try and find it)

Pic of the 18" R8 V10's against my Avant:

Forgot to add the 19" R8 V10 alloys were £700 fitted with Accelera tyres and£820 with Falcon F452's. Anyone interested let me know I can see the chap and get a price for them delivered. The last batch sold out within a month.

I opted for 235/35/19 Goodyears, on a 8.5J by ET45 wheel.

In my opinion stay clear of the Avons, I found them to be poor in the wet and very noisy.

Also watch out as so many of the Flebay wheels have an offset of ET35 which is a little neat for me.

Nice one Stepho - 19's are definitely the size for our cars :icon_thumright: You got any photos of yours with the ET45 offset?

Agreed on the Avons, but have to say I've had Falkens before and they were worse!

your ET35? I don't understand your 'neat' comment but presume you don't your like your wheels to fill the arches then?

Here's a couple of pics of my 19" x 8.5J's Kahn RSV's with an ET31 Offset - on 235/35/19 Conti Sport Contact 3's

And previously with 18" x 8j Mam Nuvo 7's on an ET35 with 235/40/18 Conti's:

Last edited:
Each to there own Richardesty. I have opted for ET45 as I have a set of coilovers to fit and found the offset of ET35 a little neat. I didn't mean any offence when I stated I found them neat, just my personal preference. I am very fussy when it comes to wheels, as you may know this is now the third set I have purchased for this car. I liked the look of the ASA wheels I had then I put one on and hated them, after that there was no going back. I am satisfied I will achieve the look I am after with my new wheels, and the coilovers.

ok so i have now seen some R8's that i love ( not the one above ) the other type
they are ET45 not the 35 as prev stated
what effect will et45 have on my look, i presume they will be more in the arches, ie not sticking out a bit is this right and does anyone have a pic of something with 19" ET45's ?

these are the babies i am looking at fitting
r820Gunmetal2004th20june20200920144.jpg

i have now found them in ET45 and ET35
but which is better ??
theres only one way to find out...

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!

no sorry, am i right in thinking 35 is the way to go, i am not lowering the car

Depends a bit on the width mate - if it's an 8j rim - going with the ET35 will look like my MAM nuvo 7's.

ET45 will fit 10mm further under the arches!

That said - be very wary of the finish on those rims - they look like they're a diamond polished face which is lacquered..........a single winter would kill them!

they are 19 x 8
112 et 35 or 45

they are diamond cut faces yes
so 35s is best?

I fitted my new wheels today. ET45 and they fill the arches no problem. Here is a quick pic:

Before:
26032010121.jpg

After:
26032010124.jpg

Also have a few images of those wheels on a black saloon for you Doug:
A_R8_19_B7_A4_2.jpg

A_R8_19_B7_A4.jpg

Last edited:
They look sweet Stepho - a big improvement on the old rims :icon_thumright:

Are they 19 x 8's?

They look sweet Stepho - a big improvement on the old rims :icon_thumright:

Are they 19 x 8's?

No Richardesty they are 19 x 8.5's. Going to fit a 3mm spacer on the front as a liitle close to the suspension arm on the inside.

They look sweet :icon_thumright:

I think I would rather have them running close than using a spacer......they will not get any closer over time :sadlike:

Fitted a 3mm spacer/shim on the front as a little close for comfort on the front suspension arm (see below). Have you had any issues with this Richardesty.

27032010128.jpg

Have you had any issues with this Richardesty.

No where near......my fingers have 'free play' between the wheel and the closest point on the suspension.

Mine are also 19 x 8-1/2" but at ET31 sit 11mm further out than yours, even after you've added your 3mm space.
Has to be said - I wanted ET35 but Kahn don't do my wheels with that offset :sorry:

I think this difference is more noticable at the rear......
DSCF3435.jpg

I have those 19" R8 (not the V10 version) pictured above on my A4 cab. However, I've had them painted as I didn't like the polished faces. 35mm offset.
URL]

^ every one i speak to at alloy wheel places are saying not to get polished faces !!!!

so i have gone for the RS6 in Hyper Silver 8" x 19" ET35's

Nice one Doug - i have very bad experience with polished faces.....

ok will do - before and afters

thought it best not get polished faces as the missus drives the car a lot.................:laugh:

gonna be selling my standard 18" s line ones on fleabay, what are they called - ie description
i think
Genuine 18" Audi S-line RS6 Alloys ?????

any ideas?

Never mind selling the old ones - where are the photos :icon_thumright:

LOL - look at the back of the rims for the word 'RONAL'. This is who manufactured the OEM sline wheels.

I would therefore include something like the following in the listing
"Genuine 18" x 8j Audi S-line RS6 5 spoke alloy wheels made by Ronal (and tyres?) 5 x 112pcd ET43 - will fit other VAG cars."

wheels arriving today :icon_thumright:
yes wheels and tyres will be for sale, will be listing at the weekend - title sounds good
thanks

the f**king wheels did not arrive !!!
now arriving tuesday !!!
not impressed as nothing to do all weekend now :crying:

Stepho,
The black s-line saloon above with 19" wheels - 5 dual spokes, what make are those, they are stunning? Presume the tyres on that are 235/35/19? Do you know if the suspension has been lowered at all, looks a little lower than a standard s-line 20mm? Any idea whose car that is?!

I need that look.

Stepho,
The black s-line saloon above with 19" wheels - 5 dual spokes, what make are those, they are stunning? Presume the tyres on that are 235/35/19? Do you know if the suspension has been lowered at all, looks a little lower than a standard s-line 20mm? Any idea whose car that is?!

I need that look.

Those are 19" Audi R8 alloys, nice wheels for the A4 but try and get hold of the non-chrome/polished ones as they start to peel and look terible. If you are after 8J ET35 or ET45 wide wheels both 225/35/19's and 235/35/19's should fit no probs, but if you wand 8.5J ET45 then go for 225/35/19's.

Looking at the pic I would suggest it has been lowered, either springs or coilovers. No idea who the car belongs to found the pics on the Hartmann website while looking into which OEM look alloys to buy. Here are the others I found:

R8
JohnW_B7_A4_HR8_19_3.jpg

RS4
Audi_B7_A4_Hartmann_252_19.jpg

RS6
Audi_B7_A4_Hartmann_HRS6204_19_JH.jpg

I really wanted to go for the RS6 style wheels but I seen an A4 with 18" that put me right off. I think they would look better in 19" but wasn't prepared to take the gamble. In the end I opted for the RS4 reps in smoked chrome. (Not to be confused with the finish I spoke of earlier in this post)

Hope this helps