QUICK tyre advice needed - no dramas!

batch

Reaction score
Morning guys!

I'm looking to get a new set of tyres, and although it was to be expected, the prices I'm finding are eye-watering!
I'd love a set of Michelin PSS but they are far and away the most expensive available. I've also looked at Conti SportContact SIX, Dunlop SportMaxx RTs, and to a lesser extent PZero Rosso and Advan V105. They're all over £500 a set before fitting, with the Michelins coming in over £650 so far!
However I've found a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy2s for £475 delivered. I know they get rave reviews here but visually I think they are awful - especially the sidewalls. So:
1 - are there any recommendations from the above list?
2 - are the Assy2s really as amazing as they are cracked up to be?
3 - any other "Leftfield" options?

Thanks in advance!
Batch

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2 .
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 .

Reactions: batch
Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 are great on my S4

Reactions: pburv and batch
Ive had Asy 2's in the past after the Contis they were quieter quite liked the squarer profile and didn't object to the sidewall design, better rim protection than the Asy 3's too from what I've seen ......

e7fQsUHx

Reactions: pburv
Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 from camskill £55 (plus fitting) for the 18" 225's
But they do have soft sidewalls and make the car less "go-kart" when changing direction quickly - depends if you rag the car through the twisty bends or just need a "cheaper" tyre that has good grip and stunning in the wet. Just my 2p worth

Reactions: batch
Ive had Asy 2's in the past after the Contis they were quieter quite liked the squarer profile and didn't object to the sidewall design, better rim protection than the Asy 3's too from what I've seen ......

e7fQsUHx
Fair play Rob that looks good, what were they like out and out performance wise? I'm not interested in durability or economy due to the low miles I do, so it's all about grip, wet grip and comfort!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 from camskill £55 (plus fitting) for the 18" 225's
But they do have soft sidewalls and make the car less "go-kart" when changing direction quickly - depends if you rag the car through the twisty bends or just need a "cheaper" tyre that has good grip and stunning in the wet. Just my 2p worth
Thanks mate, I'll look into them. Not for 18s though :grinning:

Fair play Rob that looks good, what were they like out and out performance wise? I'm not interested in durability or economy due to the low miles I do, so it's all about grip, wet grip and comfort!

I had no issues with them mate certainly as good as the Conti 5 that I had before. I don't drive it that hard to be fair so couldn't be that critical of them vs the Contis but within my driving style I found them every bit as good with less noise especially in the wet.

Reactions: pburv
Really like the look of the Conti 6s but they're so new, not much online discussion!

All sorted! Got a cracking deal. Standby for the first ASN review of the new ContiSportContact 6!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
All sorted! Got a cracking deal. Standby for the first ASN review of the new ContiSportContact 6!
Where from out of interest? And cost? Or can't say?

I just collected a new set of wheels for my car and they have vredestein ultrac vorti tyres on which I am very impressed with. Bit of a cheaper alternative but they do get some good reviews!

I just collected a new set of wheels for my car and they have vredestein ultrac vorti tyres on which I am very impressed with. Bit of a cheaper alternative but they do get some good reviews!
You got to Naughts before me then?! *******! Haha.

Pzero's full stop and gorgeous into the bargain

I've gone from Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 2's to Uniroyal Rain Sport 3's and they out perform the Goodyears in the wet hands down. Dry grip they are on par although you do get a little bit of screeching around tight bends so it makes me think if they were pushed any harder then you'd be starting to lose significant grip. But for the money they are quite fantastic! The tread depth from new is incredible as well

The cats out of the bag... Whoops!
Fairly happy I made the right decision though... Although still annoyed I didn't get in first or at least get told they'd gone! They are gonna smash it on your beauty Oli!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Clearly we have a race on our hands ...... first to post pics with new wheels on !

Reactions: batch, Jassyo06 and pburv
I have tyres, but I'm also getting them powder coated. They're on at the minute so I'll make sure I take a picture later before they come off again.

The race is on! (Especially after I won the last race :whistle2:)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch
I have tyres, but I'm also getting them powder coated. They're on at the minute so I'll make sure I take a picture later before they come off again.

Looking forward to seeing them!
You cheeky ******!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06

That will be a first,av never seen powder coated tyre's before :blink:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv, James_TDi and 3 others
They were a bit of a squeeze to fit in the old S3 but we managed it!
IMG 3510
They look good on the car - just going for something a little different in colour soon..
IMG 3522

Reactions: AlexA4Avant, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I'm thinking gloss black with a little dash of riviera in there somewhere.

To be continued....

Reactions: batch, pburv and Rob2k68
Good work Oli - they look fab !!! ;o)

Reactions: batch and pburv