Quotemehappy - previous years premium

/dev/null

Reaction score
I am with Quotemehappy and I have received an email from them as follows:

We’re writing to you to tell you that at your last renewal on 02.04.2018 we should have made some information clearer in your renewal invitation email, as follows:

1. We should have shown the price for this year alongside the price for last year in a clearer way
  2. Our reminder for you to shop around should have been more prominent
We’re sorry we got this wrong. We’ve addressed these issues in our renewal invites going forwards.

As a reminder, here is the information again but now in one place.

The email goes on to say that I can phone up if I feel my decision to renew would have been affected if I had had all the information in one place. So to try it on a bit, I did just that. The lady on the phone said they were offering to let customers cancel without a fee and would round up their no claims if they did, however I said I would need more time to think about it. Do you think there's any chance I could say I was mis-sold the policy and ask for the premium (or at least pro-rata) back? After all, the price of policies now is different to what it was back then. :)

If you hadn’t got the email would you have cared. You should know to shop around. If you’re too lazy to go out and get new quotes. These are the type of claims that cost everyone more. Get on your bike.

If you hadn’t got the email would you have cared. You should know to shop around. If you’re too lazy to go out and get new quotes. These are the type of claims that cost everyone more. Get on your bike.

Only the same as people claiming back PPI.

Reactions: VagTdiMan
I quite like QMH - there is no admin fees on policy changes!