R-Tech pcv delete question

JonS38P

Reaction score
Hi everybody i am new here and been looking all about the pcv delete posts for an answer to my problem but i cant see it for the life of me so i thought id put it out there.

I have just bought a s3 8p with a R-Tech stage 2+ remap. There has been a pcv delete carried out on it and it seems everything has been sealed bar the crankcase breather pipe(not sure if thats the actual name) which poors with smoke. I am under the impression its not harmful but i hate seeing smoke coming from the bonnet.
Is there anything i can do to stop this?

I have added a pic(atleast i think i have...) of the pipe.

Thanks in advanced everyone!

Attachments

• 20160912_134333.jpg
    20160912_134333.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
I think the answer is that normally with the pcv delete, that pipe is left intact. All the videos I have seen about installing the delete, remove the top pipe but the lower one is left in place.
I just looked at my S3 and the pipe goes down below the fuel rail to attach at the front of the engine. Get another pipe but the lower fitting looks tight to remove.

I can see why its left there as the crankcase still needs to let the pressure out but is there way of minimising the amount of smoke that comes from the engine when stantionary?

I cant see anywhere for that pipe to attach and like you say theres not much room down there to see whats going on. With the amount of smoke that comes out of the pipe i dont really want to reroute that back into the engine.

Jons38p send me your email address in a pm mate and I'll email you some instructions which should clear it all up hth

That pipe looks like a cut off standard pipe. The r-tech kit has longer rubber hoses and should be routed down to below the car, not left to vent in the engine bay

Swatchuk does it really. This obviously didnt get them then!
Im more bothered about how it looks if im honest and even if it had the honger hoses running under the car smoke would still be coming out and when stationary in traffic would look like something was wrong. Although id know nothing is wrong i would still constantly get people tellin me the cars smoking!

IMG 1209
Why don't you just replace the pipe so it acts like the other PCV deletes that can be bought. 2 photos to show where it runs. Sorry the 1st photo is a bit dark but you should see where the pipe is going for you to identify the location
IMG 1211

I know what you mean. I don't like the smoke either but after cleaning my valves and about to fit a new turbo I don't want all the crap going back in there to block it up. Ideally at some point I'll be putting the 2 hoses to a catch can with a breather on it.
They probably haven't fitted the front one as it's a right pain to get the original off.
I'd rather have a slight bit of occasional smoke and not worry about what it could be doing in my engine.
I use to have a forge catch can on my s3 and if you saw the crud it collected you wouldn't worry. And that was just out the front of the engine.

Prt57 what pcv delete have you got on that?

Swatchuk i get ya, i dont wanna refit the system because of all the crap that gets into the inlet and on the valves but then like i say i hate the smoke. I think a catch can might the way to go then, do you know any decent ones apart from the forge?

Thanks for all help woth this guys its really appreciated.

I don't have a pcv delete but I know that most of the kits on the market do not remove or cut the lower pipe. The top pipe that joins to the inlet manifold is normally the only one that is removed.

I think most of the pcv delete kits and catch can setups you can buy off the shelf only delete the front part of the pcv. the rear pcv is still going straight back into your turbo.
Most of the pcv delete kits are useless in my opinion as they're just getting rid of the valve which can fail, but all the crud is still being passed round the engine. it also builds up more crankcase pressure if I'm not mistaken.
As far as I know the r-tech kit is the only cheap way to remove both breathers. there is a better way by using a I.E system which replaces your rocker cover and has a catch can but it's very expensive. S3alex has one on his car if you read his build.
As for the likes of the forge setup it worked for me for a while but still only comes off the front where the pcv valve is. still leaving the rear breather going to the turbo.
I think when I sort a catch can out I'll have to replace the 2 r-tech pipes for longer ones to reach a catch can. bit the can itself will probably be a universal one and I'll have to find somewhere for it to fit.