R32 rear ARB??

steve123a

Reaction score
I know we have covered this subject before and I have don a couple of searches to see but couldn't find this info.

I am going to replace the rear ARB for the R32 version, when ordering the parts, do I need just the rear ARB and 2 x bushes? Is there anything else I will need to do the job?

Thanks Steve

no just the bushes and the bar, the rear is a doddle to do you just need to drop the rear heat shield and remove one wheel.

The bushes are the same as the std S3 bushes iirc, as the Std S3 ARB has a sleve on it to make it thicker in the bush area only.

Thanks for the help, how long did it take you to fit?

DPM said:
Personally i'd never uprate the rear without doing the front and i'd never have a larger one on the rear either... just my 2p worth!

Ive put an RS4 one on my A4 and its been fine.Loads have done this.
Rsrarb.jpg

doing the rear only is ok just makes the car a little twitchy at 90+ thats why I did the front later but also changed to 19`s so couldnt tell what had altered the most. With just the rear done you can get the back end to move quite easy.

fingermouse said:
With just the rear done you can get the back end to move quite easy.

I wouldn't say quite easy.Its alot of fun on fast roundabouts though.:w00t:

Have got the rear R32 ARB on order, had a result only paid £115 inc VAT & postage! So hopefully get it friday if im lucky and have a go on saturday at fitting it!

Also just ordered my Bilstein B8s & H&R springs, found some really good prices if anyones interested I might try and set up a group buy! gotta speak to the guy tomorrow to see if he is up for it... but lets just say it will work out about £625-£630 for the combined set. Which is alot cheaper than some others have been quoting on here for the same set up!

arrrr no people keep mentioning suspension and temping me ...............must not read................. must not read .................... lol

fingermouse said:
doing the rear only is ok just makes the car a little twitchy at 90+ thats why I did the front later but also changed to 19`s so couldnt tell what had altered the most.

Must have been the wheels.
Mine is loads better at high speed lane changes.

no I did the wheels with the front ARB, the rear felt stiffer on its own and ok if making one move but try to change lanes then flick back and it just felt wrong imo

I only get the backend twitching round fast bends but i like it so go abit faster to make it happen.
Quick direction changes are a breeze,car feels planted to the road.

Uber-bump!

Does anyone else have any views on fitting an R32 rear ARB without the front one to match?
R32 rear is 19mm isn't it, and S3 front ARB is 19mm too?..

Basically, i've just bought an R32 rear ARB for the staggering sum of £31 posted. I won't be able to afford a front one (+ cost of fitting) for another month or so. Should I fit the rear straight away or wait until I get a front to put on at the same time?

Also, the R32 ARB I bought may require new bushes - should I go for new standard ones from VW or are there other options? Powerflex seem to do various sizes which confuses me!?

Any help, opinions, info appreciated!

19mm seems quite small, i have eibach front and rear arb's im sure they are 25mm

19mm seems quite small, i have eibach front and rear arb's im sure they are 25mm

The R32 ARB's are for the quattro's not FWD like the Golf I assume you have from your sig bud...

R32 ARB's are 23mm front and 19mm rear... std on an S3 is 18mm front and 14mm rear IIRC..

<tuffty

Uber-bump!

Does anyone else have any views on fitting an R32 rear ARB without the front one to match?
R32 rear is 19mm isn't it, and S3 front ARB is 19mm too?..

Basically, i've just bought an R32 rear ARB for the staggering sum of £31 posted. I won't be able to afford a front one (+ cost of fitting) for another month or so. Should I fit the rear straight away or wait until I get a front to put on at the same time?

Also, the R32 ARB I bought may require new bushes - should I go for new standard ones from VW or are there other options? Powerflex seem to do various sizes which confuses me!?

Any help, opinions, info appreciated!

Personally I wouldn't as it would promote quite a bit of oversteer (theoretically)... the front R32 ARB (23mm) is the cheaper of the two from what I remember and in the region of £80 ish??? I would be tempted to get the front from a VW dealer and get them both done...

There is an R32 ARB fitting thread here somewhere... shall have to see if I can get it bunged in the stickies if you find it :)

The guy used after market bushes but std ones would fair just as well tbh...

<tuffty/>

Cheers Tuffty.

I think I will wait and buy the front one and fit them at the same time.
It'll give me time to get some new bushes for the rear and get it powdercoated.

If anyone is interested I have a 19mm s3 rear arb for sale, absolute mint condition with poly bushes too.....

PM me if interested