R8 brake kit fitment??

AB04DAB

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these will fit the s3 saloon?

Looking to find out if the whole kit would bolt straight on or if I would need to change the discs or need brackets for the calipers etc? I have 19's on the car and I've been told these should be big enough to clear them. But more info on this would be great!

I would presume you will need new brackets as the callipers aren't likely to be the same size or exact shape. If your looking for max sizes, checkout the PBBrakes website and select your model (S3 2012-up), they list dimensions and technical diagrams for all their brake kits. Check the dimensions of their biggest kit designed for 19 inch wheels and it might give you a decent idea of how much space you will need.

Thanks for this. Having looked at the PB website I actually think I would be as well going for a PB kit as its made for the car and not that much more expensive than the 2nd R8 kit! So thanks very much the help, I'm gona seriously think about going down this route!

No worries. Thinking about a kit myself. Just be aware at the moment that the rear kits don't have the electronic handbrake functionality as of yet, I got in touch with the guy there and it will be coming, just unsure of an ETA !

Received 787476538006080
InstaSize 2015 3   99180
InstaSize 2015 3   99899

PB 8 pots 356mm discs
Behind 19x8.5 et45 (first pic) 19x8.5 et42 ( second pic)

Nice to see them on a car, so thanks for the pics!

The grooved and drilled discs look very nice, presume that's an anodised calliper? What pad compound did you go for?

Yeah that's the anodised finish.
I went for the sport pad compound iirc, the middle choice of the three avaliable compounds. Great so far. Perfect for everyday use and they don't half stop you if you plant your foot

Yeah that's the anodised finish.
I went for the sport pad compound iirc, the middle choice of the three avaliable compounds. Great so far. Perfect for everyday use and they don't half stop you if you plant your foot
Good to hear some real world experience with these. Thanks for the post!

No worries mate.
Just waiting for them to get an electronic handbrake sorted now so I can get the backs to match
That's what I'm waiting for as well. Got hold of one of their guys in mid March and he said that they will hopefully be available in a couple months, but couldn't guarantee that as it depends on what cars they can get their hands on and when!

That's what I'm waiting for as well. Got hold of one of their guys in mid March and he said that they will hopefully be available in a couple months, but couldn't guarantee that as it depends on what cars they can get their hands on and when!
Yeah I spoke to them earlier this year they said it wouldn't be too long.
Will be a little while for me anyway, got other plans to pay for first lol

Reactions: Wondering Soul