R8 Returns To Le Mans

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
Audi's all-conquering R8 sportscar will return to Le Mans next June. No official factory R8 will contest the 24-hour race but a number of private teams, including the highly successful Joest outfit that has campaigned in ALMS, hope to capture Audi's fourth consecutive Le Mans victory.

Yes, they announced this in June last year.

After all, who wants to watch a foregone conclusion?

Now that Porsche has got building the Cayenne out of the way, perhaps they'll make an appearance soon with BMW, Toyota, Nissan and VW (who were contemplating running a diesel vehicle which requires less refuelling so should be on the track longer!)

Let's see!

BTW - who else is going down there this year?

Ram®

[ QUOTE ]
BTW - who else is going down there this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
I rather fancy it actually, but I wouldn't want to get stopped on the Autoroute, would I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Seriously, If I am not doing my 'tour of europe' this year, then I am up for it.

If you could secure camping in what used to Be Mason Blanc I would love to join a few!
Perhaps an idea for a thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm going for definate, not sure if it will be a corporate freebie or not yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Going to take a couple of days to get down there, stopping getting lashed and generally having a ball, if people want to join me more than welcome

I've added it to the calendar as well so it won't be forgotten!

Le Mans Official Website