R8 RVC module pinout

SootyTDI

Reaction score
I’ve read that the R8 RVC module (420 910 441) can accept an RGB video feed and pass that to the RNS-E when not in reverse, can anybody confirm this?

Also could somebody please point in the direction of schematics/pinout of the module so I can test the theory?

I would have thought it the other way around, it has an RGB output and a composite input.

25 - Screen earth to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
27 - Video output sync. to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
28 - Video earth to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
29 - Video output (blue) to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
30 - Video earth to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
31 - Video output, vacant to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
32 - Video earth to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
33 - Video output (red) to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
34 - Video earth to navigation system with CD drive control unit -J401-
39 - CAN Bus Low (convenience)
40 - CAN Bus High (convenience)
43 - Terminal 30
44 - Terminal 31
47 - Terminal 31 to reversing camera -R189-
48 - Voltage supply for reversing camera -R189-

Should have said, this is not for the camera feed, that is indeed composite and working fine.
I'm trying to hook up some other kit.

What I'd read is that the TV module connects to the RVC when fitted with the implication being that the implication being that it can take an RGB feed.

No, you can't have TV and camera together AFAIK, I've never seen any wiring diagrams for A3/A4/A6/R8/TT with RNS-E/camera/TV

Since the RVC module has a 54 pin connector and only about a dozen are used I wondered if it might have been true.

Oh well, worth a try.

Thanks for the info.

I agree it is quite wasteful of the 54 pin connector, but the TV tuner uses a 54 pin connector and only uses about 20 of them. The Telephone ECU has a 54 pin and only uses 20 odd of them max if you have a cradle plate.

It can be done, I’ve got it working with my RNS-E (193 version) and the R8 RVC module :yes:

RVC pins are:

11 Video in ‘Blue’
13 Video in Sync
15 Video in ‘Red’
17 Video in ‘Green’

18 Video in ground/shield

Usual rules apply, RNS-E goes to message screen when moving over a few miles an hour.
Reverse camera is automatically selected when you reverse and restores to the video feed after about 5 seconds afterwards.

Excellent news, not something that is shown on any Audi documentation. Just need to get VIM working on the 193 RNS-E and it's a great solution.

Hi all,

I have a TTS 8j 2011 equipped with RNSE 193d, graphic OPS for front and rear sensors, KUFATEC IMA BASIC PLUS and moving images release; I just bought the RVC r8 module with the final A (in order to integrate the camera to the OPS graphics) and I'm trying to make the RVC—> RNSE and IMA BASIC PLUS—> RVC wiring; for the first we are there but for the second I would like to confirm that it was correct as I am doing;

1) I'm modifying my current IMA BASIC PLUS wiring, I move the PINs from the gray T32b socket to the T54 of the RVC module as follows:

T32b 31—> T54 11
T32b 15—> T54 13
T32b 32—> T54 15
T32b 16—> T54 17
T32b 30—> T54 18

2) the PINs T32b 13, 28, 29 can I leave them at the gray socket or should I move them to the T54?

3) I want to try to make the RVC r8 system work with an aftermarket camera which, however, is powered at 12v and instead from the T54 48 PIN, a voltage of 6v arrives; how did you solve it, what resistance can I insert between the t54 47 and t54 48 PINs to make the circuit work and not give an error or have you powered the camera from the two PINs above and added a 6v—> 12v converter?