Racingline Mods

Some nice mods, its tough when your leasing like me, do you spend then spend again to remove everything before it goes back, plus keeping hold of everything already got wheels in garage, gonna be springs, exhaust and brakes at this rate haha

well i got shipping confirmation of my springs being sent out, and today i received the adjustable drop links from RacingLine. springs should arrive Tuesday i think.

collecting the car on Tuesday. I'm going down on the train on Monday and just saw in the news that they're doing repair work to the tracks which is awesome. was there not the last whole year they could've done this? :frowning: its like they waited for me!

got the drop links from progressive parts but came shipped from awesome gti , got the springs from awesome gti but were a factory order i think. anyway looking forward to booking it in to get done ASAFP.

mate I feel your pain, not long now and it'll have been worth the wait, good luck for tues hope it goes ok

mate I feel your pain, not long now and it'll have been worth the wait, good luck for tues hope it goes ok
thanks! actually, its a significantly shorter wait than my 8V. that was 6 months. this was only 2 ish. still felt like an eternity though :tearsofjoy:

Springs came today. ill be ringing up tomorrow to see when the garage can fit them and the drop links.

Reactions: Dburns1990
some little mods.

Racingline Washer Fluid cap
Racingline Fuel Cap
Audi Knurled 12v socket cover x 2

Reactions: jamey0512
How much BHP did you gain off them mods?? Haha just kidding, nice touches

I think the 12v covers were at least 5 bhp each
Thanks. Bit by bit. Thinking a big brake kit next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 12v covers were at least 5 bhp each
Thanks. Bit by bit. Thinking a big brake kit next.

Look good those, has anyone on here looked at the R600 intake and housing?

Look good those, has anyone on here looked at the R600 intake and housing?

Yes me.
Racingline are currently developing a modified version as there is apparently a new pipe on the S3 in the way of the R600 air box.

They’re also doing an optional carbon fibre top cover. I’m waiting for it to become available, and I’ll be choosing the cotton filter option. Already have the foam oversock.

They should pay me to be the racingline ambassador

I’m considering the 380mm stage 3 brake upgrade they do too. Never modded my 8V too much and I’ve got the modding bug again! Especially having a lease car for the last 4 years!

Yes me.
Racingline are currently developing a modified version as there is apparently a new pipe on the S3 in the way of the R600 air box.

They’re also doing an optional carbon fibre top cover. I’m waiting for it to become available, and I’ll be choosing the cotton filter option. Already have the foam oversock.

They should pay me to be the racingline ambassador

I’m considering the 380mm stage 3 brake upgrade they do too. Never modded my 8V too much and I’ve got the modding bug again! Especially having a lease car for the last 4 years!

Would be interested to know any sound difference with the R600 once you’ve got it on.

Looks the part too, which helps.
Yeah I’ve not modded a car in a while now, and now I’ve got the exhaust I may be falling down the rabbit hole!

Would be interested to know any sound difference with the R600 once you’ve got it on.

Looks the part too, which helps.
Yeah I’ve not modded a car in a while now, and now I’ve got the exhaust I may be falling down the rabbit hole!

I had on the 8V, no reason to expect it would sound different, but then again!
I’m expecting a little louder air sucking noise and occasional hiss. I think the turbo whistle is quite noticeable on the 8Y. Not sure if I could hear it on the 8V.
Not a fan of the turbo muffler delete though.

Yeah i understand the modify bug. This is my first performance car and im waiting for my new miltek exhaust to be fitted along with the ABT ecu tune too! Both booked in, cant wait to hear/feel the difference

Car booked in at VAG Manchester on Wednesday this week to get the Racingline Stage 3 Big brake kit installed. 380mm discs and 6 piston callipers. Can’t wait!

1f5465db72f8040910d68d359b3dd400.jpg

Reactions: Lambtech
I'd rather they put out quicker the intake parts like turbo inlet, charge pipes and intercooler :)

A little something while I wait for the R600 for the 8Y with modified box. And carbon top.

b2f556dbe9cf2891df206ed1f018d4d2.jpg

I installed their relocation hose. Not really plug and play , i'll tell u that.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-19 at 21.40.35.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-19 at 21.40.35.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-19 at 21.40.36.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-19 at 21.40.36.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Lambtech
I installed their relocation hose. Not really plug and play , i'll tell u that.
Looks good mate! Is that from the previous gen is it? Ive been waiting for the induction kit for the 8y but everyone is dragging their heels with the parts!

Its same code on their website but its not bolt on for sure. Need to tweak it a bit. General shape of hose is ok, but the problems are at fitting the hose over the both ends.
I've sent them an email, totally ghosted me. This is the 2nd time i pay good money for RacingLine stuff and i have some sort of a problem.