Radio

Markey

Reaction score
Do i need to get a Can Bus interface sim to make this work in my car B5 A4 ?

f14a_1.JPG

Think the Concert 2 came out in 2002 so yes it will need the CANBUS otherwise you'll be stuck with just 60minutes and then it'll turn off.

All Audi HU's allow you to turn on for an hour without the keys in the ignition, but then turn off to save draining the battery.
All the CANBUS does is tell the HU that the ignition is on/off.

Any idea where i can get one so its the correct one ?

I have seen the one above any advice is greatly apreciated.

Audi didn't do the Concert 2 for non CANBUS equipped cars.
You'd need to buy a Concert 1 (tape/radio) or a Delta and add a changer.

So the radio above wont fit in my car then ? Im confused ?

I have a concert 1 already and i want this one above in my car i thought you could buy an adapter to make this one work in the earlier model B5s ?

Markey said:
Any idea where i can get one so its the correct one ?
Sorry thought you were talking about the HU rather than the CANBUS emulator. You'll find the Concert 2 won't match the profile of the fascia of the B5 as they were never fitted to that model, so it may stick out a bit.
You'll need a CANBUS emulator which are about £90, total waste of money IMO just to get the HU to switch on.
No idea which are the right ones and whether they work as most people would rather spend the money on a decent HU rather than the same again with just CD instead of tape.

OK mate nice one :) that makes sence to me now any i have the HU above so wanted to try and get it to work making it fit i dont think will be a problem.

Any idea where to get the emulators from? Or is that one i posted above any good ?

The Concert II can be fitted to the B5.

Just as a 4.2V8 40V can be fitted to a B5 chassis.

As long as there's space, and you're not just looking at a bolt-in job, anything's possible.

No i know there would be modifications needed, i just wanted to know if i could buy the bus emulator thing so the radio does not switch off every hour.

AndyMac said:
Yes that's the baby

Nice one so if i get that, it will sort out the bus emulation, then i just need to make it fit i guess :)

Cheers guys i just want the factory OEM look i dont know anyother CD player on the market that gives that.

Yeah i have just found one that has the slightly different edges which im going to get.

Will this bus thing sort out turning the lights on the radio when the head lights are on and turning off etc with the ignition ?

Cheers guys

EDIT

The closest HU you will find is a becker, they look like ans OEm style in an Audi, expensive, but you can get MP3 and sat nav in a single din OE style unit for under £500

Last question honest :)
Would not haveing the can bus sim affect the speakers, when i turn it on sometimes the front speakers come on. Then if i turn it off and on again a few times the fronts come back on again? I just want to know if i have been sold a lemon as im going to kick some butt if i have.
Thanks