Rain repellent

Pulp84

Reaction score
Hi

For years and years I have used some stuff called "Rain Away" on my windscreen as water repellant. Fantastic stuff that would last 4-6 months in one application. Was American and apparently designed for fighter jet windscreens.....

I'm now down to my last half a bottle and need to find a replacement as the original stuff seems to not be imported / made any more.

Whats a good alternative for my glass? Please don't suggest Rain-x - it's rubbish.

Thanks in advance....

Reactions: deanr123
Theres a few good products on the market. I stock Angelwax H2Go that has proved itself as being one of the best rain repellants on the market. I sell loads of this to alot of mobile valeters who highly rate it and at £5 you cant grumble.

Reactions: MrBones
Cheers guys - I'll have a look at these :arco:

+1 for h2go. Put it on mine 2 months ago and its still doing its thing as well as the day i put it on

Carlack glass sealant is really good mate. A couple of layers last me at least 3 to 4 months.

And yep I agree, Rain-X is indeed absolute rubbish!

got some rain away too, good stuff got it from their stand at autosport for free. dont think it took off here in the uk because this was a few years ago i got it

Rain X isn't actually all that bad, the key is to ensure a properly prepped surface (washed, treated with tar and iron remover and then clayed - basically remove as much surface contaminants as possible) for optimum bonding with the anti-rain repellent stuff. I usually put two layers of Rain X - 3 months, still going strong

+1 for H2go. It works very, very well.

As mentioned above it's all about the prep. As with most things detailing, it's about 90% preparation, 10% product/giving it some :)

I used rainx for a while and then the autoglym stuff. Get some protection but want something better. Just ordered h2go from mark il be trying this next. Here is what the AG stuff looks like

Ideally id like all that to trickle away!

well prepped surface with decent body car wax tends to work good too.

Ordered some H2Go today in anticipation for my new S3.

I'll report back but sounds like great product. :thumbsup:

I use the Rain-X combo product that acts as a cleaner and repellent and to be honest I cant complain, rain falls off the screen and there's no need for wipers past 40ish mph, it seems to last a good while too. I haven't tried any other products but for a few quid for a decent sized bottle it's worth a try!

Rain X 2 in 1 Glass Cleaner and Rain Repellent 500ml Trigger Spray | eBay

Quick thank you to Brotek for the quick delivery of my H2Go yesterday.

You get a lot for your money so very happy.

S3 being picked up on Saturday so will be applying soon after :salute:

Reactions: Brodster
Theres a few good products on the market. I stock Angelwax H2Go that has proved itself as being one of the best rain repellants on the market. I sell loads of this to alot of mobile valeters who highly rate it and at £5 you cant grumble.

Hi, do you have a link to your products, I'd like to order some of this
Dan

Angelwax H2Go I can report is a perfect replacement for my "rain away". Applied it Saturday and today have had some rain this afternoon so saw it in action.

Very good beading, at 30mph there is no need for windscreen wipers. Have put on two coats so should give me a good few months of protection.

Reactions: Brodster
GTechniq G1 & G5 for me at the moment, however I will soon be trialling a few products from the glazing sector only available to the trade but I may make these available for resale to the public...

Main problem is quantity of product (1 litre activator, 0.5 litre sealer, 1 litre finisher, or 5 litres of each!)

Seems like a very similar product to G1 but in huge quantities (0.5l v 15ml!)

Reactions: Tuddie
hellshine ghost rider is very good,just started using it after rain x

I've noticed with the rain repellant Audi has given me in the Bodycare kit, it starts to make my wipers squeak against the glass. They still judder now. Does anyone know how to stop that?

Another vote for AW H2GO

Brilliant bit of kit. So easy to apply & great VFM too

Have all the exterior glass done on both our current Audi & my wife's MINI JCW

Also done all the shower cubicles in our house with it too lol

Reactions: Pulp84
I use gtechniq on customer cars and my own,

Start with g6 glass cleaner followed by g4 glass polish then g6 again then protect it with g1 and g2

Lasts for a good 6 month or more (did my dad's range rover for him and it lasted around 15000 miles

Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant for me..

Our conditions here are a bit worse with the heat/crazy rain and what not, including salt for the snow when we go down .. 16-18 months is my usual for the sides, about 12-14 for the front windscreen before its slowly starts to fade off.

Dodo Juice is my other choice..