Raising rear AP Coilovers

James36

RS3 Rep :)
Reaction score
This morning thought I'd raise the rear end of my car, but the whole thing spins when I turn the adjuster with the spanner?

Any ideas, did the same with the front, worked a dream... why don't my rears want to adjust.

Tried gripping the black thread but can't get enough on it to stop it spinning.

Attachments

• 20210606_100829_compress3.jpg
    20210606_100829_compress3.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210606_100821_compress53.jpg
    20210606_100821_compress53.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 77
Drop the trailing arm, its 1 bolt, remove spring, then adjust, refit.

Reactions: James36
Drop the trailing arm, its 1 bolt, remove spring, then adjust, refit.
Thank you!

Is it the bolt I've circled in the attachment? (Sorry zero mechanical knowledge I just love having a go)

Attachments

• 20210606_100829_compress3.jpg
    20210606_100829_compress3.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 66
No, its the other end of the arm attached to the brake side so to speak, use a jack under the arm to take tension of the bolt to undo & remove easily, when refitting again jack the arm up to refit bolt & tighten, releasing the jack when nearly fully tightened, best to tighten 100% when its under load, as in wheel on ground or sat on bricks, wood, mini ramp on that corner so you can get underneath to tighten as its awkward & must be to torque given its importance.

Reactions: James36 and ch1z64
No, its the other end of the arm attached to the brake side so to speak, use a jack under the arm to take tension of the bolt to undo & remove easily, when refitting again jack the arm up to refit bolt & tighten, releasing the jack when nearly fully tightened, best to tighten 100% when its under load, as in wheel on ground or sat on bricks, wood, mini ramp on that corner so you can get underneath to tighten as its awkward & must be to torque given its importance.
Made sense, thank you...

Got it straight back on stands, even with the arm jacked up I couldn't release the bolt either side, proper tight and rusted on, bit gutted seemed easy enough. And spent a good hour or so trying.
I clocked my drivers rear wheel is sticking out a touch further than the other side, so may have a camber or alignment issue. I'll book it to get adjusted atleast it should be easier to release if I want to alter again, and this wheel sorted...

Thanks again bud!

Wd40, let it stand then with breaker bar or a gun, should be able to loosen.