Facelift Random wires

AlS3BE

Reaction score
was looking for a place for the first aid kit as it’s been rolling about in the boot since I got the car. Looking for a cub or hole and found these random wires down the right side of the car with the toolkit.
At first I thought maybe towbar prep or something but not enough wires so curious what they are for.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20CB5820-C671-40D7-878D-57BE43F8EAB2.jpeg
    20CB5820-C671-40D7-878D-57BE43F8EAB2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 231
Subwoofer?

Put your first aid kit in the storage compartment under your seat.

Reactions: AlS3BE
The reverse camera module is located down there, are they for that?

Cell booster (and wireless charger?) I believe. FL vehicles no longer have a separate control module for the camera, it’s all built in to the camera handle.

32D29756 34CD 4848 AB6F 2CC4620F7054

Reactions: AlS3BE and -Ju-
Cell booster (and wireless charger?) I believe. FL vehicles no longer have a separate control module for the camera, it’s all built in to the camera handle.

View attachment 164370
That’s the cables. The ones plugged into that module you have.
Does that make it easier or more difficult to do the camera retrofit?

Is that not the module Audi removed due to UK laws on cell boosters?

Is that not the module Audi removed due to UK laws on cell boosters?
Not sure but it’s in my car and staying there, as the only time Audi see my car now is when I drive past a showroom :)

Truth be told I am not 100% sure what it’s for in that I know it’s a cellbooster but believe it may also have something to do with the wireless charging, maybe not. Not been bothered or had a reason to check.

Reactions: AlS3BE
On the facelift A6 the earlier ones had the cell booster then the later one dropped the cell booster and had wireless charging. Was this the same in the a3? I have wireless charging in the s3

My A6 (MY17) has both wireless charge & cell booster, I know as I've just been out to check they are still fitted in both my A6 & A3. Won't be happy if Audi rip them out during warranty or service, if they do then they will have to refund me on whatever option pack they are fitted with.

My A6 (MY17) has both wireless charge & cell booster, I know as I've just been out to check they are still fitted in both my A6 & A3. Won't be happy if Audi rip them out during warranty or service, if they do then they will have to refund me on whatever option pack they are fitted with.
Didn’t think it had both I had an late 2015 A6 so only got the booster. Not that it made much difference.
Mate had a 2016 and it had the wireless charger.
Both pants anyway as you need cable for CarPlay or android auto so phone was charging regardless if it’s in the armrest.

The wireless charging plate has both functions, however for some legal reason they were ripping the booster out of new cars about 3-4 months ago.

I retrofitted the FL wireless charging, the connectors are fuchsia and green so not sure, but the wires shouldn't be located there as well if it's for wireless charging?