For Sale RARE Audi 8P RS3 19-inch x 8.5J ET53 Rotor wheels 8P0601025CM + MPSS tyres

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
eBay item number: not yet on eBay, offering here first

Audi 8P RS3 19-inch x 8.5J ET53 Rotor wheels 8P0601025CM + MPSS tyres

85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 1

TWO genuine and original and non-refurbished 2010/12 Audi 8P RS3 19inch x 8.5J x ET53 Rotor alloy wheels - these MUST be the lowest mileage of any Audi 8P RS3 8.5J Rotor alloy wheels on offer today!

85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 2 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 2 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 4 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 3 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 7 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 5 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 6 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 8 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 9 85J RS3 wheels and MPSS 10

These are the RARE original 8P RS3 'optional' 8.5J FRONT alloy wheels and are no longer available new!
Audi wheel rim part number: 8P0601025CM
Audi wheel rim part number: 8P0601025CN SCHWARZ
Audi wheel rim part number:8P0601025DA TITAN
Audi wheel rim part number::8P0601025DB SILBER
Audi wheel rim manufacturer: RONAL 2859 Germany
Audi wheel rim material: Al Si7 Mg
Audi wheel rim diameter: 19inch
Audi wheel rim width: 8.5J
Audi wheel rim ET: 53
Audi wheel rim spigot: 57.1mm
Audi wheel rim bolt pattern: 5x112
Audi wheel rim stud size: M14x1.5
Wheel price today - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

With MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport 255/30 ZR19 91Y XL summer tyres
Tyre size: 255/30 ZR19 91Y XL
Tyre: MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport
Tread depth: @ +7.0mm (8mm new)
Note the EVEN wear across the tread surface - running 39psi front and 37psi rear

Both wheels are low mileage, less than 7350 miles use from new; in excellent condition, free of kerb damage, with NO repairs
Both tyres are low mileage, less than 4650 miles use from new; in excellent condition, free of sidewall or puncture damage, and with tread depth @ +7.0mm (8mm new)
Both wheels and tyres recently balanced (road-force balance) at Stafford Audi
Audi centre caps are included
Inspection welcome/collection welcome

UK delivery can be mutually arranged but I estimate £110 to include insurance: I would deliver locally and/or discuss other arrangements

Asking £2000 for a RARE pair of 8P RS3 'optional' wheels - and mega rare in this condition anyway - with MPSS tyres

No rush to sell; feel free to ask questions; and feel free to visit (by arrangement (hospital appointments, tsk)) and review at an Audi friendly home... :hi:

Last edited:
eBay item number: not yet on eBay, offering here first

Audi 8P RS3 19-inch x 8.5J ET53 Rotor wheels 8P0601025CM + MPSS tyres

View attachment 192490
TWO genuine and original and non-refurbished 2010/12 Audi 8P RS3 19inch x 8.5J x ET53 Rotor alloy wheels - these MUST be the lowest mileage of any Audi 8P RS3 8.5J Rotor alloy wheels on offer today!

View attachment 192491 View attachment 192492 View attachment 192493 View attachment 192494 View attachment 192495 View attachment 192496 View attachment 192497 View attachment 192498

These are the RARE original 8P RS3 'optional' 8.5J FRONT alloy wheels and are no longer available new!
Audi wheel rim part number: 8P0601025CM
Audi wheel rim part number: 8P0601025CN SCHWARZ
Audi wheel rim part number:8P0601025DA TITAN
Audi wheel rim part number::8P0601025DB SILBER
Audi wheel rim manufacturer: RONAL 2859 Germany
Audi wheel rim material: Al Si7 Mg
Audi wheel rim diameter: 19inch
Audi wheel rim width: 8.5J
Audi wheel rim ET: 53
Audi wheel rim spigot: 57.1mm
Audi wheel rim bolt pattern: 5x112
Audi wheel rim stud size: M14x1.5
Wheel price today - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

With MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport 255/30 ZR19 91Y XL summer tyres
Tyre size: 255/30 ZR19 91Y XL
Tyre: MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport
Tread depth: @ +7.0mm (8mm new)
Note the EVEN wear across the tread surface - running 39psi front and 37psi rear

Both wheels are low mileage, less than 7350 miles use from new; in excellent condition, free of kerb damage, with NO repairs
Both tyres are low mileage, less than 4650 miles use from new; in excellent condition, free of sidewall or puncture damage, and with tread depth @ +7.0mm (8mm new)
Both wheels and tyres recently balanced (road-force balance) at Stafford Audi
Audi centre caps are included
Inspection welcome/collection welcome
Collection and/or delivery can be mutually arranged (I would deliver locally) where purchaser pays for collection/delivery and most importantly insurance

Asking £2000 for a RARE pair of 8P RS3 'optional' wheels - and mega rare in this condition anyway - with MPSS tyres

No rush to sell; feel free to ask questions; and feel free to visit (by arrangement (hospital appointments, tsk)) and review at an Audi friendly home... :hi:

John, is that £2k for two alloys? Wow, scary

Reactions: CHEZ

It is, and it is, Nev. These 8.5J wheels were not available here in the UK (only later in the EU) with the original 250 UK 8P RS3 cars.

The 8.5J with 255/30 only appeared later (2012) in Germany/EU (I have the brochure) with the 'second batch' of 8P RS3! Don't ask why. I have my own 'handling' theories (8.5/255/30 fronts with an 8J 225/35 rear) but you'll need to go back, some, and review Audi 8P RS3 history - and I have...

I/we found purchased mine/ours in 5-days!!!! I was amazed at the characteristics of the machine.

However, the handling of the 8P RS3 is 'interesting'! Lets not forget it WAS a '*******'car!

Lots of 8P A3 bits were left over and used to 'evaluate' and/or 'develop' a 2.5 litre 5-pot 340BHP @ 5400 to 6500 rpm with 450Nm @ 1600 to 5300 rpm PLUS 7-speed DSG beastie. And ALL WERE SOLD within days! Typical LOTUS! Some would say! And me, a Lotus owner/developer/maintainer for 40-years and more said HELLO!!!! I'll have some of that!

Maybe we should/could sit and I'd love to run you through it...

Audi did NOT think they's sell 250 8P RS3 cars here in the UK but they were, nevertheless sold out in, well, days.

I drove my first on 10th October 2011 and was SO besotted with the car I purchased mine (all UK cars had been sold) on 15th October 2011, 5-days later.

MUST ADD, been out and 'exercised' BLUEY today for 50 or so (flappy paddle selecting miles) miles and for sure it ain't going to anyone else yet...

RS3 Hospital 28 Jan 19

The 8.5 J wheels, ok, I'll let them go, they are rare (especially non damaged and with MPSS) and may still be used (as above), who knows?

But BLUEY is staying for some time yet...

Our 8P RS3 low miles 8J winters and/or 8.5J summer wheels and tyres are 'OUT' there for anyone interested to purchase. AND no worries here if no interest!

Our 2016 SQ5 - just brilliant - is more than happy to take the strain............ :racer:

Last edited:

GREAT comments but do you have any, and I do mean 'any,' idea of the 'then' £s cost and/or the rarity?

Do you have any idea of the 'then' cost and/or rarity of such wheels? Just askin'! Not saying the value is right as I don't know! Just sayin' I have 'em and not going to use 'em again and here they are, whatever, lol! Been there, done that, got the 'drivin' experience, over and out...

Willing to share/pass 'em on/ here they are if you wanna try :racer:

HERE'S a TEST!!!!

Find me another pair of OEM 8P 8.5J 19-inch rims!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting that the 8P RS3 benefitted from wider front wheels as I’ve read a lot about the 8V RS3 (pfl&fl) having similar issues with grip on the front, so much that they eat their tyres unevenly, but apparently virtually remedied by wider front wheels.

Gorgeous car though especially in that colour and if they weren’t 8-12k more than the equivalent year S3 I would’ve bought one myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT comments but do you have any, and I do mean 'any,' idea of the 'then' £s cost and/or the rarity?

Do you have any idea of the 'then' cost and/or rarity of such wheels? Just askin'! Not saying the value is right as I don't know! Just sayin' I have 'em and not going to use 'em again and here they are, whatever, lol! Been there, done that, got the 'drivin' experience, over and out...

HERE'S a TEST!!!!

Irrespective of rarity, two wheels ain’t very helpful are they

Reactions: Bryant1998
Interesting that the 8P RS3 benefitted from wider front wheels as I’ve read a lot about the 8V RS3 (pfl&fl) having similar issues with grip on the front, so much that they eat their tyres unevenly, but apparently virtually remedied by wider front wheels.

Gorgeous car though especially in that colour and if they weren’t 8-12k more than the equivalent year S3 I would’ve bought one myself!

Totally different set-up. sadly for the later car.

Irrespective of rarity, two wheels ain’t very helpful are they

So you'll NOT try and find another set/pair - or reason why... :readit:

Michèle Mouton did it for me, but you needed to be of that age, Nev, and I guess you are not:

We still have ours:

Snake

And that's on the winters, lol...
4170.gif

Last edited:
Totally different set-up. sadly for the later car.

Yes completely different setup, but must be a major design oversight for the same issue to happen across 2 chassis variants of the same model of car

Reactions: NevMan
Yes completely different setup, but must be a major design oversight for the same issue to happen across 2 chassis variants of the same model of car

No mate, the car is perfect, and two wheels are worth £2k

So you'll NOT try and find another set/pair - or reason why... :readit:

Michèle Mouton did it for me, but you needed to be of that age, Nev, and I guess you are not:

We still have ours:

View attachment 192508

And that's on the winters, lol...
4170.gif

Ummm...No, can’t spare the £4K another two wheels will cost, so your two are a bargain

You'd need to drive the 'set-up' back to back to know:

P1020016

Some would 'get it' others just wouldn't(!!) and that's what you pay for, or not, lol...
:racer:

The 'current' excessive inside-front-tyre-wear-issue does NOT affect the or or pre-facelft RS3: take care, go review....

Much like brake pads; Audi develop and certify/type approve a 'road car' to EU standards and then 'customers' take it to a race track and shout hey!!!! me brake pads are crap after 2-laps, you gotta laugh... :racer:

Last edited:
No mate, the car is perfect, and two wheels are worth £2k

Let’s be real no car is perfect, RS3 is a stunning car mechanically and looks wise, both 8P and 8V. I’d sooner pay 2K for some rare wheels that will improve handling than 2K for a set of 10 year old wingbacks that are stretched and clearly worn but that seems to be the going price!

Reactions: CHEZ
You'd need to drive the 'set-up' back to back to know:

View attachment 192509

Some would 'get it' others just wouldn't(!!) and that's what you pay for, or not, lol...
:racer:

Nowhere near the knowledge you have John, and DEFINITELY don’t “get it” good luck selling the wheels

The 'current' excessive inside-front-tyre-wear-issue does NOT affect the or or pre-facelft RS3: take care, go review....

Much like brake pads; Audi develop and certify/type approve a 'road car' to EU standards and then 'customers' take it to a race track and shout hey!!!! me brake pads are **** after 2-laps, you gotta laugh... :racer:

Think that’s very naive mate lol, I’d sort of assume any RS car could handle some track use from the average driver. Admittedly I’m sure Lewis Hamilton would cook the brakes after 1 lap, but uneven tyre wear and bad traction on the front is a highly noted problem from many owners, that I’ve not seen mentioned in any other S/RS car...

Nowhere near the knowledge you have John, and DEFINITELY don’t “get it” good luck selling the wheels

They might go back on next year Nev, who knows but for sure they'll not fit an X3, so no chasin' that piggy bank lol
24.gif

Think that’s very naive mate lol, I’d sort of assume any RS car could handle some track use from the average driver. Admittedly I’m sure Lewis Hamilton would cook the brakes after 1 lap, but uneven tyre wear and bad traction on the front is a highly noted problem from many owners, that I’ve not seen mentioned in any other S/RS car...

pLease, and with greatest respect, go review Audi RS3 OEM and others brake pads here on ASN and elsewhere from 2011 to date.

pLease, and with greatest respect, go review Audi RS3 OEM and others brake pads here on ASN and elsewhere from 2011 to date.

I was only replying to your comment? Didn’t know you were so touchy...
Good luck with your sale and enjoy your car

Reactions: 45bvtc
Good old John does LOVE his Audi’s, especially his Tonka SQ5

Reactions: 45bvtc
I was only replying to your comment? Didn’t know you were so touchy...
Good luck with your sale and enjoy your car

It was the Hamilton ref that did it, I'm famously NALF 1 (not a L fan) lol... :whistle2:

Good old John does LOVE his Audi’s, especially his Tonka SQ5
Let’s be real no car is perfect, RS3 is a stunning car mechanically and looks wise, both 8P and 8V. I’d sooner pay 2K for some rare wheels that will improve handling than 2K for a set of 10 year old wingbacks that are stretched and clearly worn but that seems to be the going price!

Hey guys, gentlemen, after another hard day care of County Hospital Stafford with lots of time to think so and here are some facts to help:

1) Nev, I'm more Lotus than Audi; Lotus cars for 40-years (3-cars since 1972 and kept one, a 45bvtc, for 37 years) and Audi for just 13-years (8-cars to include the 3 current TT/RS3/SQ5).

And I've changed my Avatar to reflect my 37-years of ownership Lotus, now a Lotus Élan Sprint type 45bvtc, gone with these Audi bums, for now!

EMMA 2

2) Bryant, these 8.5J wheels are for the front ONLY and mega RARE. The 8.5J wheels were not available/offered for the first 250-UK offered (2010/11) Audi 8P RS3 cars; I have the Sales Data to confirm. They were offered in Germany, however, and that's how I got hold of 'em, at great £s cost let me tell you; no tears Nav, please...

As for 'why' an 8.5 front rim well that's another matter. Initially, track wise, there was complaint of 'understeer' though I never experienced this - even on the Ruthin/ASN Go-Kart track 'meet/laugh' back in a snowy April 2013, maybe the way I drive, lol; however, with my previous automotive employ technical/development 'hat' on I decided to evaluate for myself and purchased a pair of rims; they were not easy to find as the 8P RS3 was 'always' a LOW volume car and these 8.5J rims were very much an 'afterthought', and that's typical Lotus for you - let the customer come back and tell us what's wrong, easy development, and (for 40-years, lol) we did!

3) The 8P 'chassis' was never designed for a 5-pot motor, but used as a development tool AFTER the 8V A3 series was due for launch. The 8P RS3 came along in a typically Lotus fashion to "lets see if anyone will buy an outdated 8P A3 with a 5-pot 335bhp motor and 7-speed gearbox" and guess what, 250 were sold here in the UK overnight. And after that, the German's ran around counting the 8P left-over bits and realised they could build a few more, and did, lol....

I managed to purchase one of the very first available here in the UK, see:

https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html

RS3

4) But then, then the trouble started, Germans and Dutch were racing these darn 8P 335bhp RS3 things around Nurnberg ring of all places and gettin' understeer and so a wider front rim, that'd fit under the carbon-fibre front wings was developed and 'offered' for the next batch - well we've still got bits left over, thought Audi, so lets build a few more, and they did, offering 8.5J wheels as an option, in Germany: as a 100% LOVER of the AUDI 8P RS3, mine now for 8-years, I do have the Sales Data and technical information.

Some history the 8P RS3, a cracking car, keeping mine, the ONLY one in Cornflower blue, for a while yet; not doing now what were intended, big C and all; but still a mega piece of kit that brings a huge SMILE on the odd occasion it is used as it should be...

So, 1-pair of RARE Audi 8P RS3 19-inch x 8.5J ET53 low miles wheels on offer, hey, make me an offer, or try and find another pair, Nev, or I use 'em again and again and again and...

BLUEY sits nice on the 8.5J's, don't ya think?

RS3 wales

But just not usin' em... :sadlike:

HERE'S a TEST!!!!

The 'TEST' Nev, 24-hours on: did you check/review/search for another pair of Audi 8P 19inch x 8.5J ET53 Rotor rims? If only just for FUN... :salute: