Rattle on facelift around dash B&O speakers

allanmb

Reaction score
I have a black edition facelift A4 which has only done around 7000 miles. I have noticed over the past few weeks that a rattle has developed and is slowly getting worse. It appears to be coming from each side around the B&O speakers. Unfortunately I cant confirm this as it only seems to happen whilst driving and doesnt seem to be linked to the audio output (it seems to be most noticeable when listening to radio for some reason).

Has anyone else got this problem? It is starting to really frustrate me :(

If it is still under Audi warranty take it to the dealer and ask then to sort it out, my last car had a similar annoying rattle. Dealer found it and fixed with no cost to me.

I have a rattle in the vicinity of the B&O speaker dash speaker of the passenger side also. Drivers side seems to be fine though.

Dunno if its the B&O speaker or the trim around it or possibly even sometes else?!

It's only 9 months old so I'll take it to the dealer. Zobware, do you know what it was that was causing your rattle?

Mine was caused by something within passengers door to do with electric windows, didn't really push for anymore info as they found and fixed it - dealer should be able to sort it out

Booked in but they want to have it in overnight so I needed a courtesy car. Therefore I have to wait until the 5th of November. The rattle is getting worse so I am glad I have it booked in!

I Had the same problem, spoke to audi, they kept it overnight and replaced the speaker... turns out it did it again 2 weeks later, its the trim panel, i brought some good plastic removal tools, pulled it off myself stuck some neoprene gasket around the bottom of the trim and its been good for about 6 months now with no issue.

Did yours rattle when there was no audio? I have found that I can turn off the MMI and I still get the rattle. In fact, I can be in the car with no key in the ignition, give the dash a gentle tap and the rattle is apparent.

So, it's been in three times and the problem has finally gone. The culprit was the tweeter mount on the little tweeters on the doors beside the wing mirrors. They are held in with a clip which had become loose over time. All taped up and silence again :)

They also taped up the central vent and the speakers on the dash but neither of those fixes seemed to make a difference