Rattling door handle

dex140

Reaction score
Hi All,

The painted metal cover for the door handle seem very loose and rattly on my A3..has anyone ever experienced this? Is there any way i can tighten it up? I have looked for fixings but cannot work it out!

Thanks for the help!

Yes mate.there is a thin stainless silver clip about 2 1/2" long that slides forward to release the handle and back to hold it in place.

If you lift the handle up slightly you may be able to just make it out from the top.use something thin like a credit card to try and push it back toward the rear of the car.Drivers side is towards the rear to secure,I think passenger side is opposite way round.

If you want to see how it works,slide the metal clip forward and take the handle off.

Hth

Ah so if i find the clip and slide it towards the rear of the car it should tighten it up?

That's it mate.I'll post a pic up when I get in later...

Like this....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370364037716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370364037716.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,390
I had this mate and I couldn't get it to stop rattling, no matter what i did I cut off a small piece of sponge and took the handle off carefully placed the sponge under the handle and using the method above with a credit card put it back on.. That was a year ago and it's tight on with no rattle

I suppose you could always use silicone sealant to secure the handle.a bit red neck but mightdo the job if you've tried all other routes.

I suppose you could always use silicone sealant to secure the handle.a bit red neck but mightdo the job if you've tried all other routes.

The sponge is the best fix I've ever done just pushed the handle out a bit so it didn't rattle and it felt less loose than before and it's damage free :)

Cheers fellas ill have a look at it this weekend! Its pi**ing me rit eoff though!