Re what is a DTM

trickybusa

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but I keep seeing the reference DTM I know it must be a model of Audi but what does it mean??

The full translation is Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters

It translates into German Touring Car Masters, and is the main touring car championship in Germany....when Audi wins, they tend to bring out a version of the winning car for sale to the public, and call it the DTM version ( although it is actually only very loosely based on the race car, and is actually cosmetics mainly ).

Hope that helps

Excuse my ignorance but I keep seeing the reference DTM I know it must be a model of Audi but what does it mean??
The B7 DTM is a 2.0T with a kit that looks like the RS4 minus the flared arches, usually has most the interior and engine bits and bobs flocked too rather than leather.

The B7 DTM is a 2.0T with a kit that looks like the RS4 minus the flared arches, usually has most the interior and engine bits and bobs flocked too rather than leather.

There is also an S4 DTM version but only available in North American territories. In my opinion, this is what the DTM should have been in the UK.

Didn't it also have 220PS instead of the standard 200PS?

Reactions: DieselJake
^^ that too, maybe a few more things but it's a decent car, just a shame about the initial purchase price over a regular 2.0T (but understandable at the same time).

Cheers all, I just kept seeing it mentioned and was interested.