Real panel removal coupe

Dazwid

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the back side panels on the coupe? I know I need to take the rear seats out which I did but now Im stuck.

Thanks

Oh lord, done a few of the b8.5 coupe's, that took time as have to remove numerous others to get them out, pics may assist as havnt got elsa to hand.

I know on B8 coupe you have to remove B pillar seat belt cover, C pillar cover, boot lining on the side and few other bits and trims first. But I found this picture online of B9 coupe with side panel removed and all other panels on the pillars, boot lining etc are still in place:

IMG 6802 1

Tbh imho they've not done it right as you can see the rear trim by the seat belt has a locating lug that sits in the quarter panel, usually you have to remove that trim 1st to then pop the panel of, as with most cars we do find easier ways or shorter, to remove parts, but it has its caveats too as getting back in can be a real pain.

You can see the spring clip holes, its going to be tight in there as its new, some force needed to pull that of, so be careful & slow, make sure the cars warmed up as cold plastics are more brittle.

I wonder if I could just "pop off" one side of the panel by the B pillar where the drivers seat belt is. All I need is to slide my hand in as one of the ambient lights is not working but I`ve noticed yesterday when tried to take the panel off that the LED is working but it has fell off from where it should sit.

Which light position are you talking about, pic of location helps.

Marked in the picture below is the LED that I need to get to and 3 clips. So as long as there isn`t any bolts holding the panel in place, Im thinking that I might be able to just take the seat out and then pull off one side of the panel where the marked clips are so I will have enough of a gap to get to the light?...

Boczek

You should be able to prise it of slightly to get to the led location, shouldn't need to pop more of, just realise when angling these trims, it can dislodge the spring clips & or bend them, so when refitting its best to be square on the holes or they'll bend, break or spring of, done enough panels to see it all unfortunately lol.

Worse thing after these jobs is a ratling squeaky trim.

The car is still on warranty so I could take it to Audi but Im worried they will do more damage then its worth it when taking the seats out and other panels. Worried they will scratch all the plastics, front seats etc when removing all bits.
I know the led is on because I`ve seen the light when tried to prise the panel off yesterday so there isn`t any problem with wires. Just need enough space to slide my hand in and try to place it back where it should be. The led connects to plastic tube I have no idea why it came off...

Upto you bud, make it clear your concerns & take before & after pics for proof of any damage.

Reactions: Dazwid
Managed to praise the panel off slightly. I had just enough room to fit my hand.

245220346 1418272185233798 9161567095792677007 n

245210271 830939704269271 630322376939764285 n