Really not happy

Palacemads3

Reaction score
Words really cannot describe what I'm currently thinking having just seen this on my 4 wk old s3 saloon. Particularly when I'm so bothered about keeping it pristine. I had it professionally detailed and prepared prior to collection and now this is what the rear drivers wing looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 506
It looks like a hedge to me!
But what happened? It just fell apart or was hit by something?

Really don't know. I can't believe I have done it as I would have been aware surely. As you work slightly closer to the front of the car there is a slight mark just above the one you can see although the paint is certainly not removed. I did wonder if the paint had fallen off though as it does look that way.

Is it on the bumper behind the rear wheel arch - can't quite work out where it is? Looks like it's cracked

Feel for you mate......horrible.

Have you reversed near any pillars in multi storey or underground car parks?. Seen damage like this before caused by the edge of painted concrete posts that have been hit multiple times to create a rough edge. In fact my car park at work has these painted pillars and people have caused scuffs very similar to this in their door mirrors and wings hitting the edges. It's almost like it's been slashed or teared if that makes sense.

If not it's a very odd bit of damage! Hope you get it fixed soon.

Last edited:
I've definitely not driven in to anything and it does look like it's cracked. It's around the rest arch. The left of the picture goes around the back of the car below the boot. I can't imagine a touch up pen will look any good.

I can't decide if it could have been caused by a car

That's damage beyond a touch up pen. Id bet good money that hasn't been done by another car.

I'd get it booked in with a reputable bodyshop and get it repaired ASAP. You will feel much better. Promise!

I will get back to the dealership and see what their bodyshop is like. I don't really know a good local bodyshop anymore as the guy I used to use no longer works.

I did wonder if it could be a shopping trolley.

My guess would be the paint has cracked due to the bumper being flexed due to something hitting it. Interested to hear what the dealer has to say.

Just a thought, but nobody else has driven the car have they e.g. The other half?

Just a thought, but nobody else has driven the car have they e.g. The other half?

Lol. Not for over 2 weeks and it has definitely happened recently. I would have noticed when washing it. She was very quick to remove diminish any responsibility though!

There's no other marks to suggest the bumper has been flexed

I'm in huddersfield challinor. I'll get some other pics tomorrow to try make it clearer.

This is painful to see.

feel for you mate, hope you get it sorted soon.

starting to really bug me how people don't care about other people cars especially expensive ones!

no wonder I park a million miles away from everyone, my lass goes mental haha

Reactions: veeeight and The Challinor
This is painful to see.

feel for you mate, hope you get it sorted soon.

starting to really bug me how people don't care about other people cars especially expensive ones!

no wonder I park a million miles away from everyone, my lass goes mental haha

That is exactly what I do too! I really am obsessive with it which is why it is even more annoying.

Reactions: j0nny2013